Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Serenity - I'm waiting for some friends in London to check in ... I'm sure they're ok, but it'll be a relief when I hear from them.

And no, I'm not too worried about dd101 - I think it's fairly difficult to harm a figment of someone elses imagination. Just how many names are you posting under these days Rick? Definitely 'Same Old, Same Old'.
quote:
Originally posted by bjones9942:
And no, I'm not too worried about dd101 - I think it's fairly difficult to harm a figment of someone elses imagination. Just how many names are you posting under these days Rick? Definitely 'Same Old, Same Old'.

BJ, did you happen to be a bottle-fed baby?

Although it’s nice to see you’re not ignoring me (I knew you weren’t) I gather you’re saying that I’m using dd101 as an alias? If that’s a “No”, then skip the rest of this post. If that's a “Yes”, then read the remainder of this post:

Your powers of supposition, as usual, leave a lot to be desired. I hate to bust your bubble, but dd101 isn’t me, or anyone I know. In fact, it’s strange that you think anyone would do that kind of figmenting. Perhaps that’s an insight into you? It’s called projecting. I know that Serenity once said (in private, of course) that she thought I was Shop and Jabber was Steve, but I was of the opinion this kind of thinking wasn’t prevalent?

The best I can determine, you and a couple of other uptight Americans ran off a new member that lives in England. But, if it will make you feel self-righteous to believe that dd101 is me, so be it.

Now, I don’t suppose you are also saying I had anything to do with the bombing just so that I could force Serenity to start this thread, thereby allowing me the opportunity to leave my response?

If you are suggesting that dd101 is someone else’s figment, perhaps you’d like to enlighten us/me/we/our?

There aren’t simple solutions, just simple people.

Boy, oh boy. The following quote sure isn’t representative:
quote:
This is an excerpt from my resume ...

Excite Me
Teach me something new! Give me projects. Use my knowledge. Make me think!

I think this quote hits the target:
quote:
One of my favorite sayings . . .

quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
I think this quote hits the target:
quote:
One of my favorite sayings . . .

Oops, I'm only getting one of those funny X's now. If the picture doesn't come back it said, "Stupid People Are Happy People".

BJ, I think your picture site is down. Even your Avatar is X'ing. It appears to make this page slow-to-load.
This is interesting. BJ and Serenity didn’t disagree that some of the regulars were rude to dd101. BJ just rationalized it as being OK because he thinks dd101 is just a figment. Although, in that thread BJ did say, “Seems to me it was your prime minister . . . ”. So, BJ must have thought dd101 was a legit Brit at the time BJ left his ill-mannered post.

I sure hope BJ isn’t suggesting some supernatural being (say god or a deity) “forced” some of the members to be rude to dd101.

I’m semi-tempted to post a link to this current thread to dd101’s thread (he might get a kick out of it), but why trash that topic any more than some of the regulars already did.

A little side note: It’s uncertain whether dd101 is/was Yankophobic *before* he came to this forum, but he might be less indecisive about it *after* his “warm” reception. Yes, once again, “our” forum’s ambassadors of goodwill did themselves proud. Anyone have some leftover tar and feathers, or will you be using some rope and a tree the next time?
quote:
God Bless America and God Save the Queen.
What’s this? The U.S. gets an entire nation and the British only get one Monarch? Or, does that only pertain to the land and not it’s inhabitants?

quote:
Confucius say...Man who fly plane upside down have crackup.
Been a while since I study Confucianism, but I thought the translation of that text was, “... have hairy crackup.”
Well we are a cosy little gang, I'm in this forum 5 minutes and I'm already identified as having a "deep seated USA hatred!" and being a figment of Rick's deluded mind. Gee you people really know how to roll out the red carpet and then cover it up with religion and patriotism!

For those of you who voiced genuine concerns, thank you. As far as I can ascertain my family and friends are all OK and nobody I know was directly involved in any of the explosions. Though I have spoken with several friends who live and work in the areas affected. I wish all those involved heartfelt sympathy for their losses.

Strangely enough we in the UK also have a [hopefully] small proportion of the population who support the National front and are football hooligans in their spare time - no doubt the welcoming factions on this forum will be encouraging them to go around burning a few Mosques to the ground. These atrocities are commited by individuals not by specific races or religions. I sincerely hope the large Muslim community in the UK are outraged and will provide intelligence to speed the conviction of the terrorists. I'm sure there will be very few incidents of ill directed revenge and I hope there will be no internment without due process of the law.

As to the Royal family - personally I think they are leech's and parasites, they are German of Battenberg heritage not British and although they provide many a spectacle for tourists to gawp at, it seems to me they do the country very little service at quite a substantial cost. I think they have very little concern for the general public and exist in a remote world of pampered luxury. They have had the means to promote real social and economic changes, but that would mean sacrificing something at some time - they just won't do that. The best that can be said for them is that the armed forces owe their allegiance to the monarchy not the government - thus we should not be in so much danger of a military coup - [which is really likely in the UK Big Grin] It seems what Hitler failed to do by attrition they have achieved by stealth. Still that's my personal opinion and I would also fight for the rights of those who have a contrary opinion, to be able to have it freely.

I don't know why I should bother but if anyone doubts the veracity of my unique individual existance I will privatelly give them my 3 UK email addresses or they can speak to me with cam on messenger. I don't even know where Rick is from - not American methinks.

To all you zenophobic pedants - thanks for the warm welcome and your "down home" hospitality.

Dave [dd101] - or if it makes you happy Rick or Shirley.
Well I never. I have been out in the snow for a few days and what do I find when I get back?
Raised voices, toys out of prams and insulting old ladies and there slightly strange families.
I was under the impression that this was an eBay sniper forum but anything seems to go.
Some of the things that have been said, in my world (the world of manual labour) would have resulted in blood being spilt upon the floor. That’s a bit harsh I hear you say but it dose clarify the process of speaking in haste and repenting in hospital. I find that it is quite good to run the conversation through like a chess game before saying it out loud and see if you can guess the outcome correctly.
This is not the time to be having a go at the US of A or anyone else because of what they have done but I should think offering encouragement would be much better.
As for the bombings in London the mood amongst the lads is one of fierce patriotism and any one with even slight leanings against the royals or the security services or the hospitals or London transport (I'm sure you get the idea) will be subjected to a severe frowning.

Steve

PS Rick. And where was the drunken dammn dog when I needed it???
Thanks for inquiring, Steve. As always, Boozer sends his best, but is still reluctant to share his rum.

I have been trying to get him signed-up for the forum. I’ve checked out the Terms of Service, and it doesn’t specifically mention that members must be human, or even humane.

OK, I’ve been saving this, so since the topic is about bombs, which this will probably do, here’s one I’ll throw:
Q: What's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife?
A: 45 lbs.
(I know, it’s not metric but it’s an American joke)
Q: What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband?
A: 45 minutes.
quote:
maybe not all cracks are hairy Razz
True, but Confucius was very specific on this issue. He clearly stated that the gender of the inverted pilot was of the crack hair-baring type.

I’m not sure a licking Graemlin would be the first image that would come to mind considering the anatomy of this conversation. But, I like it better than the red one with all the sharp teeth.
quote:
To all you zenophobic pedants....

Regarding "xenophobic pedants". Now isn't that "the pot calling the kettle black!"? Regarding "zenophobic" vs. "xenophobic"?!?! How can this be?!? A reckless mispelling? A careless typo? British spelling?!? A setup? But, for what??!? Confused Omigosh! The civilized English language is being destroyed and rend asunder before our very eyes!! When will the horrifying carnage end!?!?
I say, yet another thread degraded and turned into an opportunity for a bit of personal point-scoring.

Despite the rather serious original subject of this thread it seems the jolly peasants can't help themselves and must resort to childish bickering at every bally opportunity. I have seen better behaved three-year-olds, what?

If this is going to be the future intellectual level of "discussion" on the forum, then I shall cease to grace these pages forthwith.

Emo
Emohawk.

As a member of the landed gentry, I know you will rise to the defence of the monarchy. Obviously this dd101 is`some sort of Roundhead upstart.

For all his attacks on the monarchy, I think they have served us well. I certainly have no wish to adopt a Presidential system. Yes there have been some good 'uns, but there have also been some spectacularly bad 'uns as well - just like the US Presidents. (Yes Jabbergah, I am getting at the US system - of electing them! I just think ours is so much simpler & more cost effective - one dies - and a new one gets in! No costly election expenditure or, more to the point boring TV!

Turning now to dd101 Emo - he obviously has been watching too much telly! (Room 101?) Its in his choice of name that the militancy lies! All this "what did you say mate, put em up stuff - bloody Yanks" belongs to the working classes.

Its a pity Emo old chap, but now they have money, they think they can have a pop at everything. Probably has a has a wide screen tele, a satellite dish, a large 4X4 with "Chelsea" written on it and lives in a Barratt house in Essex! (To the bemused Americans reading this, think trailor parks!)

To those watching cultured Australians, horriified at this outburst, it quite OK the lower classes can take it! have you not seen how people like Emmo & I speak to them on "Upstairs Downstairs" ?

Now dd101 explain yourself my good man - If its not Room 101, why have you adopted the persona of an airship that took off on its maiden voyage and crash landed? - is it because you are full of "hot air?"

signed in his lordship's absence.

Jeeves
By golly old bean, I couldn't have put it better myself, though I'm not so sure about the round-head apellation - perhaps "pointy-head" is more apt, what?

My dear old Grandpapa always said it was a mistake to educate the lower classes beyond the ability to read the road signs. He resented the time the chauffeur, James, spent hosing them off the Bentley's bumper, by jingo.

Emo
As best as I can see it, this started with the following fairly innocent post:
quote:
Originally posted by dd101:
Dave

thanks for your reply - but not being able to spell correctly does not make it another language. Mr Gates in that situation does not give an alternative such as English [English] or English [United Kingdom]. I find the most common example is the misspelling of favourite as "favorite" - this largely I believe has arisen due to laziness - why if spelling is hard lets take out the difficult letters! I think English is the languge spoken in England by the English [often misspoken] not by our once colonies with only a 200 year history. Hope nobody takes offence at this friendly fire Red Face)) Regards...........

Now, someone tell me why that post warranted this post:
quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
dd101, yes I do find it offensive! I do not come on here saying anything offensive against your country, which I am sure you love, or anyone's country or the way they speak or write! Several members of my family, including myself, have stood in harm's way for our country and young as it might be, we are free and proud!

The topic went from the controversial subject of the spelling of “favourite” or “favorite” to dying for one’s country.
Click Here

This is my goodbye to the forum. Sorry, but it has become HORRIBLE because of Rick and I no longer want to be here. I have kinder, nicer places to fill my time. I have tried time after time to turn things back around to no avail. We both, it seems cannot be here. I hate to see him take over, but it has been his long agenda. He has harassed me, followed me across the net, and made my life miserable. No more. And, to those who tried to help I send my thanks and warmest wishes. Frown
Last edited by mrsm
quote:
Not in Serenity's original post:
This is my goodbye to the forum. Sorry, but it has become HORRIBLE because of Rick and I no longer want to be here. I have kinder, nicer places to fill my time. I have tried time after time to turn things back around to no avail. We both, it seems cannot be here. I hate to see him take over, but it has been his long agenda. He has harassed me, followed me across the net, and made my life miserable. No more. And, to those who tried to help I send my thanks and warmest wishes. Frown
If there’s been any harassment, or if your life has been made miserable, these are your choices. Grant it, I’m outspoken and irreverent, but you decide how you will respond. I cannot “force” you to do anything. Please take a little responsibility for your actions and your emotions.

As far as “followed me across the net”, you’ll have to come up with something specific. It’s a little hard to run a Google on “Serenity”, and anything else I’ve come across is public information from this forum, or something you've posted to me in a PM. I hope you're not suggesting I'm having communications with you on another forum, or that I'm emailing you, or that I'm having ANY kind of discussion with you outside of the public forums?

This is the second time you’ve done a Swan Song. I hope you rethink this, as well as your priorities, and will stay on this forum. I rather enjoy the diversity.

I’d suggest taking a little time off and gathering your thoughts, and calming down some.
How terribly sad that this forum has lost yet another FRIENDLY and knowledgeable member. Serenity was the very essence of this forum. She always welcomed new comers and answered their questions quickly. Rick, you once said something to the effect that you wanted just your name to appear on the main page in all the categories and you're getting your wish. Obviously your willing to pay any price for that so called glory. I hope you enjoy your fame. You are to self centered and selfish to realize how many times and how many people you have hurt. You have made members cry and forced them to stop doing something they enjoyed. It appears to me you have no conscious, no integrity and are without any honor at all. You have nothing more to lose. You truly are a pathetic individual.

Jake
Jake, Jake, Jake. Feel better now?

quote:
Originally posted by jakedduck:
Serenity was the very essence of this forum.
Aren't you getting a little carried away? No forum is the "essence" of one person, or at least it shoudn't be. Perhaps you mean the "essence" for you.

quote:
Rick, you once said something to the effect that you wanted just your name to appear on the main page in all the categories and you're getting your wish.
Pardon? R2 made some joke a long ways back about having done that, but you’ll have to give me a link if you think you’re accurate.

quote:
You are to self centered and selfish to realize how many times and how many people you have hurt.
At least I haven’t used expressions like that.

quote:
You have made members cry and forced them to stop doing something they enjoyed.
I’ve “forced” them. Just what is this power I have on this forum, and how come I can’t use that power to force people to stay on? And, it doesn’t seem to work on you (not that I would want it too).

quote:
It appears to me you have no conscious, no integrity and are without any honor at all. You have nothing more to lose. You truly are a pathetic individual.
Again, at least I haven’t used expressions like that.

Bash away folks – venting is what “this” part of the forum is for. Next?
I am sorry to see anyone leave the forum, but, I believe that is normal when one starts to bash anyone. If anyone wants to argue politics, language, etc., there are enough web sites to do that on. This used to be a fun place to be.
All I can say is that none of us should be leaving because of one persons unsensitive actions. I am lucky to have a fairly tough hide covered by hard feathers. But I had asked for all of us to stop this bashing and keep this friendly and fun.
quote:
You have made members cry and forced them to stop doing something they enjoyed.

Well you certainly made me Cry (when that dammn dog didn't turn up because it was drunk)
And you stopped me doing something I enjoyed (drinking the booze that the aforesaid dog was supposed to deliver)

When I was little my mum used to say "Sticks and stone mat break my bones, but words will never hurt me" I think that any one who can control a forum just by expressing their thoughts should run for president / prime minister / dictator.

I say stand up for your self. The key board is a great leveller. The old lady is as strong as the Kung foo black belt. (Bad example I know but it's for display purposes only)
Blimey - seems I missed loadsa 'fun'.

Just spent time in Germany and got to meet lots of Yanks! Seems they all wanted me to have a wonderful day and to come back soon... Some felt it necessary to apologise for celebrating July 4th as if us Brits might be upset at losing their little colony. Needless to say, I had a good time winding them up! Wink

Whilst I was away, my G/F was in London on a rare trip to the capital and was in the area of the explosions (but not close enough to be involved). She had to walk all the way back home (12+ miles with her old Dad). Whilst most people mucked in and helped, some taxi companies and hotels exploited the situation and are nowing being exposed as the scum that they are! Grr! Mad

http://www.werenotafraid.com/

R2
OK, I'm back after more computer problems. (Maybe demonic computer possession isn't such a crazy idea.)

It sounds like Mrs. M. is pretty POed at the minute, but she'll probably be back once she calms down.

That's a heck of a long walk, R2, but at least they're safe. Maybe people will remember who the price gougers are and avoid doing business with them in the future.
At least on this forum, with the exception of one person, everyone that has swanned has returned. The ones that tend not to return are those that go quietly away.

quote:
Maybe people will remember who the price gougers are and avoid doing business with them in the future.
Except for the rich people.

That which doesn’t kill you really hurts like hell.
I am sorry Serenity has left, for her contributions, though serious at times, were always a reflection on her sense of family values & good humour.

14th July 2005
The rest of this post has been deleted, as it is no longer even faintly amusing.

See post at end for apology (even though Rick never apologises for his behaviour!)
Last edited by camera
Camera,

Not to disappoint you:
quote:
Originally posted by Camera Collector:
Note two things - it follows two principles of *ricks postings - always quote something from the database, always throw the question back on you.
“Always”? (I couldn’t resist) Anyway, a lot of my quoting is because Serenity has the nasty habit of going back and deleting and editing posts well after I’ve responded to them – her Swan Song is an example.

Are you suggesting that linking to other posts, especially AS’ support staff, is something that should be avoided?

quote:
I am sorry Serenity has left
Oh, please! She’s done this before (she was only gone 2 days) and she’ll probably do it again. People throw these tantrums when things aren’t going the way they want them to go.

quote:
*rick (* the p is silent - as in psalm)
Mature.

quote:
we just ignore him/it?
“It”? Very mature.

quote:
As most of you know, I have tried to get *rick … ejected
”Ejected”? Please elaborate. Is this some more Private Messaging thing? I so wish some of you wouldn’t hide in the PM sewers. Or, has this gone to some “higher” level of intrigue? Talk about someone trying to control this forum. Come on, tell me all about this ejecting stuff here on the public forum.

quote:
I have no real wish to play with another computer program
Then why do you continue to do this? You have come to Serenity’s “rescue” 6 or 7 times. Something tells me you like to rescue people – maybe a power trip? I got that feeling when you posted this:
https://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/58...721071801#2721071801
“even up the odds a bit”? So many “odd”, so few “even”. At least you got away from using asterisks, and glad the "Latin" phase is over.

quote:
Me? Well like the majority of "old hands" on the forum, we just ignore him/it?
Yes, I can see by all these posts that everyone is doing a wonderful job of “ignoring”.
quote:
That's a bit steep - positively vertical in fact.

I think Emo old bean the word your looking for is:
vertiginous (as in impossibly steep)
However it has other meanings:
1. Affected with vertigo; giddy; dizzy.
2. Causing or tending to cause dizziness.
3. Turning round; whirling; revolving.
4. Inclined to change quickly or frequently; inconstant

I think some of these apply.

14th July 2005
Amended as I think this is also no longer amusing - if ever it were
Last edited by camera
Based on the “current” issue, would someone be so kind as to tell me what warranted Serenity’s “latest” outburst? She posted her peace/hope (ironic) candle link originally without the farewell. Then I posted “Oh, something tells me there are still a few surprises out there for you.” Then Serenity went back and edited her post to add her Swan Song. Now, doesn’t that strike you as a little theatrical? And, it appears, based on timestamps, that she swanned because of that “surprises” comment (prophetic – yes; inappropriate - no) of mine.

Let me recap some of the behavior here:
  • BJ has insinuated that I’m dd101.
  • Serenity says I’ve had a long agenda of trying to “take over” (something it would appear that I’m doing a very poor job at based on the responses on this thread.
  • Serenity says I’ve “made her life miserable”. Isn’t that just a little dramatic? Her “life”? This is just a forum, folks!
  • Jake says I once made a comment about my seeking fame and fortune by having my name appear on all the categories on the main page, but can’t supply any specifics. (by the way Jake, I’m half way there!)
  • Jake talks about people crying? Come now!
  • Of course, his assorted name-calling leaves something to be desired.
  • Camera’s post was freshly recapped.

But, I’m the one that needs “ejecting”?

I saw no need for Serenity to be rude to dd101, and that is what I’m been focused on. Apparently being rude to new members is considered OK? In fact, Dave (the regular), was the one to encourage dd101 into his harmless post. If you want to beat up on anyone, beat up on Dave (the regular)

Chatter likes to use this link:
http://www.exclusivelymahjongg.com/FINGTOW2.jpg
Maybe it’s appropriate here?

I think “NICHT MEHR” is German for “NO MORE” – definitely not theatrical.

Not just another AS forum – it’s an ADVENTURE.
quote:
I seem to have scored a "Bulls Eye" - several congratulatory messages "pinged" their way into my box.
“Several”? In one hour’s time? I thought only the deities hovered over this forum, and I’m a little miffed at the implication that I would PM you, or ping or do anything to your box. I’m not that kind of guy.

quote:
I thought the suggestion that we give "it" a virus rather cruel though!
Is that more of what you call humor? If it isn’t, it sounds like one of the natives is getting restless – Prozac time? If it is, then you must have thought WWII was a “gas”. Yes, I’ve often thought you missed your true calling. Instead of “teaching” young brains, you should have been a standup comic – at funerals.

Now, I don’t want anyone to accuse me of controlling the forum (as Jake points out, my 15-minutes appears to be on the forum’s home page), and I know everyone is having a grand old time, and thoroughly enjoying themselves, otherwise, why do all this posting, but perhaps there are some out there that feel the “regulars” are getting a little (tiny) bit carried away and that new members coming to this forum might think twice, or more, before posting to this fun group of people? (finally, the end of the sentence) Strange, it appears the new members (“mostly”) on this thread are more observant of this then the regulars. Also strange, it appears there’s no minimum age requirement for this forum, or if there is, there’s no test that verifies that members act that age. Of course, if bashing feels better, who am I to force others to my way of thinking?
I was away for the weekend and once again I have returned to a horrible situation. This a terrible loss to our forum and I share the sorrows of those who lament the loss of yet another wonderful member. I do hope that she eventually returns. I also concur with those who have properly faulted the malefactor in question.

Like most people of questionable virtue, the individual is quick to remind others that they have the right to not read his posts, to not read the forum, refrain from making responses, etc. This is, of course, all true. However, what the childish party does NOT discuss is whether or not he SHOULD be harassing someone else. Just because one has the right to do something, does not mean that he OUGHT to do it. A mature, ethical person refrains from doing a great deal that he could otherwise do. This is is the hallmark of true maturity.

Instead, the poor specimen of humanity chooses an older person and then relentlessly picks on her, makes snide remarks and innuendos, and by his own admission runs Google searches on her. I have never even thought of googling anyone in this forum, let alone actually done it, to say nothing of attempting to find something that someone else has said, which may be used for purposes of harrassment. I have a life and do not need to resort to such petty entertainment. But apparently the slimeball in question has sufficient time and motivation on his hands.

But the fact remains that he has continued to hammer and pound her, even after she has repeatedly asked him to stop. But that is OK; after a handful of days, he will simply ignore her pleas and proceed to toy with her. Should she or anyone else call him on it, he will blithely offer the excuse that he must compensate for what he feels is her rudeness to someone else. Is that not what guilty people always do? They turn the story around and blame their own misbehavior on someone else.

Mrs. M has NEVER, EVER deliberately been rude to anyone here and even where she may have spoken out in response to someone's remarks (as in the recent case, in which another member may well have been attempting humor, but really did not know us well enough to effectively deliver facetious nationalistic commentary, thus the outcome did indeed appear a bit rude), Mrs. M's utterances pale when compared to the intentionally calculated mind games of the ruffian. She has NEVER attempted to engage in this sort of behavior, yet the ruffian does so daily. He has no respect for his elders; all he knows how to do is uphold his rights and try to make himself look like an innocent bystander. He caused this to happen and he knew, during the entire time that he was making various remarks and doing his internet searches to give himself ammunition, that she was hurt by it. Yet, being a certain kind of a person, he ignored her misery and continued to hurt her.

When this cyberthug reaches his retirement years, may he find that others--online or otherwise--treat him in a far better way than he has treated our dear friend, lest he be reminded of his own youthful indiscretions. Mad
I have no problems with Chatter doing his normal thing, but I would like to clear up a few things:

quote:
Originally posted by Chatter:
… the malefactor in question.
You can call me by name. It won’t hurt my feelings. I think we’re way beyond innuendoes.

quote:
A mature, ethical person refrains from doing a great deal that he could otherwise do. This is is the hallmark of true maturity.

Would that include this last post of yours?

quote:
and by his own admission runs Google searches on her.
Oh god! Here we go again. Would you tell me where I said that? Now Chatter, you likewise don’t have a great record when it comes to detective work.

quote:
I have never even thought of googling anyone in this forum, let alone actually done it, to say nothing of attempting to find something that someone else has said, which may be used for purposes of harrassment.
Ah! Now I think I remember. You mean this post:
https://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/98...731046701#7731046701
Now, if you spent more time on Infopop, you would know about spiders and such. Boy, people sure do like to put words into other’s posts and come up to all kinds of conclusions. If I were actually doing “it”, would I warn people about it? Amazing, I try to warn others, and Chatter sees some hidden and devious meaning.

Are you upset because I guessed the “163” in your old ID was your birthday (Jan. 1963)?

quote:
I have a life and do not need to resort to such petty entertainment.
I can see that.

quote:
But apparently the slimeball
Mature.

quote:
Is that not what guilty people always do? They turn the story around and blame their own misbehavior on someone else.
Do you mean like you are doing right now? (I know, I just love to do those kinds of things)

quote:
She has NEVER attempted to engage in this sort of behavior, yet the ruffian does so daily.
She has her moments.

quote:
He has no respect for his elders;
Partially accurate. I don’t respect someone strictly for aging. I respect people for their accomplishments and their actions. A comatose person ages; grass ages. Also, a bit of caution here Chatter – I could be your elder – boy, wouldn’t that cause some rethinking of your clichés.

quote:
He caused this to happen and he knew, during the entire time that he was making various remarks and doing his internet searches to give himself ammunition, that she was hurt by it.
Where do you come up with this stuff? Do you dream this kind of stuff on your own, or do you have help? And if you have help, are you the brains of the gang? Give me one (just one) example where I’ve done some internet search and then used some ammunition against Serenity, or anyone.

quote:
cyberthug
Clever. Is that an original?

quote:
reaches his retirement years
Who says I’m not already retired? Have you been doing Google searches on me?

quote:
his own youthful indiscretions.
Why does everyone assume I’m young? Actually, no one assumes it - they are way beyond that - they are in the “I know it” stage. Where/whom did THIS theory come from?

Chatter (or anyone), since some are being so “honest”, would you care to share some more of the gossips that goes on about me. I’ve seen the fantasies that get conjured up in PM’s, so I’d love to hear all the things about me, that I don’t know.

Man, is this some contest to see who can come up with the nuttiest theories.

P.S. Jake, I’ve still got three forums covered, but it’s getting harder to keep them up there. Hope you get to see them.

NEXT?
I say, Camera old chap, haven’t laughed so much since Papa got drunk and chased the gardener through the shrubbery with his elephant gun – thought he was a bally rhinoceros don't you know. Jolly good thing he forgot to load it. Don't know how he would have explained his latest hunting trophy to the taxidermist, let alone the local constabulary, what?

Emo
Where am I from???? Where am I....????? By jove, you yourself must hail from one of the bally colonies, what? And judging by the vernacular, one that has been out of contact with the Mother Country for far too long!

Thank you anyway for what I assume to be a compliment. Nice to know ones small efforts are enough to cause another to douse the denims, what?

Emo
Well, I've only been on this forum for just over a week and have found it more of a repository for social outcasts and personality disorders than for any assistance with a bidding tool. What is this fallacy that serenity was welcoming and guided newbies gently by the hand to a land of glowing candles and successful bids? Certainly not the experience I've had.

Humour is OK as long as it's only generated by one of the "regulars" then it can take the form of character assassination, delusion or downright rudeness.

It seems best to have an alternative personality or several just to keep up with the volleys of disparaging postings, at least one of which should be a fop or Little Lord Fauntleroy just to amuse the natives [oh sorry we killed all of those] - I meant the colonials.

Politics and religion are disdained unless of course it's of the brand and variety promoted by one of the incumbents. Flag waving jingoism is lauded just to ensure that the forum stays white and pure and without the riff raff of radicals or communists or .........................................

Should anyone have the temerity to have a different independent viewpoint then courteous argument does not suffice. There is this well rehearsed back slapping, aggressive, belittlement that emanates from these postings - doubting your character, your existence and even your sex.

I really don't have much more time to waste outlining the gracious welcome I have had, it is all there in the texts of previous messages [unless of course somebody should go back and edit them!]. In fact Rick has been one of the few contributors here who has been friendly and helpful and tried to present the intended humour in an inoffensive way.

This is no doubt why you lot of arrogant, overbearing, smug, self satisfied low brows [yes you know who you are] are presently trying to black ball him. Please gods [of whatever variety you choose] save me from those who live their lives vicariously through forums.

Dave [dd101] M UK - a real person.
quote:
This is no doubt why you lot of arrogant, overbearing, smug, self satisfied low brows [yes you know who you are] are presently trying to black ball him.

All of those and more!

If you look at my posts, I think you'll find I'm a fairly infrequent visitor to these shores. Its just that I heard a few cries of distress in May and flew in doing my best imitation of Ardal O'Hanlon

I rather proud of my role as Thermoman, so don't knock it! Dave, believe you me, there were loads of people helping newcomers and there was a lot of friendly banter.

I have no personal axe`to grind, I normally ignore characters like rick, but he has a way with him that is very "offputting" to the ladies and the less brash. I watched his behaviour for a while and felt that the complaints were justified.

Look, judging by your showing so far, you too can "throw your weight around" if needs be. I am in that phase, not particularly edifying, but sometimes the needs justify the ends.

There was once a utopia of friendliness and help on these boards - honest!

In the meantime - back to work - hopefully I can announce "job done" shortly. If not there are plenty of other strategies.

Will passing Australians & Americans please not abuse newbie "Dave" for a while - he is showing himself to be a bit "sensitive" to all this gore around him. I mean, like all Englishmen, it doesn't mean that if you were beaten soundly at school (I was!) that you can take it!

Flower power Paul (really!)
Last edited by camera
Why do you think I like the forum so much? Yes, ever since I had to leave Nevada, and all those delightful ranches and centers of sensual entertainment, I've had to find other outlets for me pleasure.

had = it involves an illicit proposition I made to the police chief’s wife. The chief didn’t mind, but the wife felt cheapen and outraged by the experience – I should have offered another $50.
quote:
Will passing Australians & Americans please not abuse newbie "Dave" for a while
Define “a while”, Camera. At least we finally agree that people were being rude and/or abusive to dd101. Say, you left out Brits, and why the plural on Australian? Lexie and GG are the only Aussies, and Lexie isn’t rude. Lots of rude Americans, though, so we agree there.

I gather that the Rick & dd101 conspiracy to take over the forum has joined the pile of other silly theories. So hard to get people to actually come out and admit they were wrong, let alone, say they were sorry.

PRIVATE MESSAGE FOR DD101’s EYES ONLY!
WARNING – ignore, if you can, the rest of this post.

Dave,

Camera appears somewhat confident (or boisterous) that I’m to be expunged from the forum. Should that happen, and you stick around, you might find this helpful:

Nationalities:

Aussies:
Bartelby (Lexie)
Gardengnome (GG)

Brits:
Camera Collector (Paul)
Mike from West Yorkshire
region2 (R2)

Yanks:
bjones9942 (BJ)
Chatter
Dave
Falcon Gal (Christine)
I’d rather be shopping (Shop)
Jabbergah (Jabber, Jab)
Jakedduck (Jake)
Serenity (Mrs. M)
Rick
WIN¯¯IT¯¯ALL® (I think this is the right country)

?????:
Emohawk (Emo)

Hey, if I left you out, don’t get pissed. You weren’t suppose to be reading this, anyway.
quote:
1.3 grams
20 grains
Over my head, Paul. Is this one of your other strategies - you're going to metric me to death? Fine! I'm up for the challenge, but what ever you do, PLEASE, don't go back to Latin. Rap music - yes; Latin - no. That would be cruel.

Talking about metric (you weren't, I am), how do you guys record a person's height? In metric?
Gonna jump in here for a minute, well....coz I want to.

Re: Measuring stuff....

Depends on the generation, to what measurements are used.
See, my parents generation still talk in foot and inches and pounds.

My generation tends to talk in a combination of both. Guess that comes from having the metric system fairly new when I was at school and having parents/siblings that talked *old school*.

When I think of height, I always use feet and inches, but I know my metric height.

My nephews and neices are always *what's a foot in centimetres?"...I guess they are metric only.

Big Grin Way off topic, but you get that.
quote:
Originally posted by softballqueen:
What the hey is a Antipodes? That sounds like a bug or something to me.
Man, I sure wish this damned rain would stop. I am tired of doin nothin!

SPQ
It is not 'a Antipodes' (try saying that) or even 'an Antipodes' - Antipodes (feet against)is a region - Oz, NZ and the like.
I was just about to say that your 'g's had fallen off with the rain, then I noticed 'bug' Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Emohawk:
Where am I from???? Where am I....????? By jove, you yourself must hail from one of the bally colonies, what? And judging by the vernacular, one that has been out of contact with the Mother Country for far too long!
Emo

Yep, EH - I'm struggling as well - tried txtspk and ebayese, but no joy. Babel fish needs to go to vet.
Just come into all this rubbish - CBA to read all the posts. Frown
Mike! It's good to see you again. You mentioned having some health problems a while back and haven't posted in a little bit, so I've been wondering how you're doing.

For several years I worked as a desk clerk at a motel that was sort of a last stop off before the Grand Canyon. Most of the tourists who stayed there were from outside the US, so I've met people from all over the planet without leaving home. Razz

How are you doing?
Two steps forward:

quote:
On reflection, I should not have said certain things and I have amended three postings as I should not have been abusive to Rick (whatever his faults)

I apologise Rick

I have not amended the "Final Curtain" posting as it does reflect my views.
Forums can be addictive, and it’s easy to get carried away. I know from first hand experience – boy, do I know.

You know how I feel about editing and deleting posts after they have been responded to, or well after they have been posted. But, at least you didn’t try to hide it, and there’s no rule against it.

One step back:

quote:
See post at end for apology (even though Rick never apologises for his behaviour!)
I do when I think I’ve made a mistake.

Not to sound condescending or depressing, but it wouldn’t surprise me, Camera, if we share more similarities than we do differences.

Much thanks for having the balls to post this – I’m sure most of the forum members have better things to do than to have a steady diet of what has been going on, and would like to get onto more pleasant discussions.
quote:
Originally posted by Falcon Gal:
Mike! It's good to see you again. You mentioned having some health problems a while back and haven't posted in a little bit, so I've been wondering how you're doing.

For several years I worked as a desk clerk at a motel that was sort of a last stop off before the Grand Canyon. Most of the tourists who stayed there were from outside the US, so I've met people from all over the planet without leaving home. Razz

How are you doing?

Hi FG
Fine, thanks Big Grin Just extremely busy for a week or two - thought I better stick my nose in here, even for a bit of surreal pedantry Wink

Usual reason for me disappearing for a week or so is either holidays Smile or work!! Frown

Health problems now hopefully gone, due to some physio - managed a weekends' camping for the first time this year!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.