Skip to main content

Reply to "London"

Well we are a cosy little gang, I'm in this forum 5 minutes and I'm already identified as having a "deep seated USA hatred!" and being a figment of Rick's deluded mind. Gee you people really know how to roll out the red carpet and then cover it up with religion and patriotism!

For those of you who voiced genuine concerns, thank you. As far as I can ascertain my family and friends are all OK and nobody I know was directly involved in any of the explosions. Though I have spoken with several friends who live and work in the areas affected. I wish all those involved heartfelt sympathy for their losses.

Strangely enough we in the UK also have a [hopefully] small proportion of the population who support the National front and are football hooligans in their spare time - no doubt the welcoming factions on this forum will be encouraging them to go around burning a few Mosques to the ground. These atrocities are commited by individuals not by specific races or religions. I sincerely hope the large Muslim community in the UK are outraged and will provide intelligence to speed the conviction of the terrorists. I'm sure there will be very few incidents of ill directed revenge and I hope there will be no internment without due process of the law.

As to the Royal family - personally I think they are leech's and parasites, they are German of Battenberg heritage not British and although they provide many a spectacle for tourists to gawp at, it seems to me they do the country very little service at quite a substantial cost. I think they have very little concern for the general public and exist in a remote world of pampered luxury. They have had the means to promote real social and economic changes, but that would mean sacrificing something at some time - they just won't do that. The best that can be said for them is that the armed forces owe their allegiance to the monarchy not the government - thus we should not be in so much danger of a military coup - [which is really likely in the UK Big Grin] It seems what Hitler failed to do by attrition they have achieved by stealth. Still that's my personal opinion and I would also fight for the rights of those who have a contrary opinion, to be able to have it freely.

I don't know why I should bother but if anyone doubts the veracity of my unique individual existance I will privatelly give them my 3 UK email addresses or they can speak to me with cam on messenger. I don't even know where Rick is from - not American methinks.

To all you zenophobic pedants - thanks for the warm welcome and your "down home" hospitality.

Dave [dd101] - or if it makes you happy Rick or Shirley.