Skip to main content

Reply to "London"

Well, I've only been on this forum for just over a week and have found it more of a repository for social outcasts and personality disorders than for any assistance with a bidding tool. What is this fallacy that serenity was welcoming and guided newbies gently by the hand to a land of glowing candles and successful bids? Certainly not the experience I've had.

Humour is OK as long as it's only generated by one of the "regulars" then it can take the form of character assassination, delusion or downright rudeness.

It seems best to have an alternative personality or several just to keep up with the volleys of disparaging postings, at least one of which should be a fop or Little Lord Fauntleroy just to amuse the natives [oh sorry we killed all of those] - I meant the colonials.

Politics and religion are disdained unless of course it's of the brand and variety promoted by one of the incumbents. Flag waving jingoism is lauded just to ensure that the forum stays white and pure and without the riff raff of radicals or communists or .........................................

Should anyone have the temerity to have a different independent viewpoint then courteous argument does not suffice. There is this well rehearsed back slapping, aggressive, belittlement that emanates from these postings - doubting your character, your existence and even your sex.

I really don't have much more time to waste outlining the gracious welcome I have had, it is all there in the texts of previous messages [unless of course somebody should go back and edit them!]. In fact Rick has been one of the few contributors here who has been friendly and helpful and tried to present the intended humour in an inoffensive way.

This is no doubt why you lot of arrogant, overbearing, smug, self satisfied low brows [yes you know who you are] are presently trying to black ball him. Please gods [of whatever variety you choose] save me from those who live their lives vicariously through forums.

Dave [dd101] M UK - a real person.