Skip to main content

Reply to "London"

As best as I can see it, this started with the following fairly innocent post:
quote:
Originally posted by dd101:
Dave

thanks for your reply - but not being able to spell correctly does not make it another language. Mr Gates in that situation does not give an alternative such as English [English] or English [United Kingdom]. I find the most common example is the misspelling of favourite as "favorite" - this largely I believe has arisen due to laziness - why if spelling is hard lets take out the difficult letters! I think English is the languge spoken in England by the English [often misspoken] not by our once colonies with only a 200 year history. Hope nobody takes offence at this friendly fire Red Face)) Regards...........

Now, someone tell me why that post warranted this post:
quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
dd101, yes I do find it offensive! I do not come on here saying anything offensive against your country, which I am sure you love, or anyone's country or the way they speak or write! Several members of my family, including myself, have stood in harm's way for our country and young as it might be, we are free and proud!

The topic went from the controversial subject of the spelling of “favourite” or “favorite” to dying for one’s country.