Skip to main content

Reply to "London"

I was away for the weekend and once again I have returned to a horrible situation. This a terrible loss to our forum and I share the sorrows of those who lament the loss of yet another wonderful member. I do hope that she eventually returns. I also concur with those who have properly faulted the malefactor in question.

Like most people of questionable virtue, the individual is quick to remind others that they have the right to not read his posts, to not read the forum, refrain from making responses, etc. This is, of course, all true. However, what the childish party does NOT discuss is whether or not he SHOULD be harassing someone else. Just because one has the right to do something, does not mean that he OUGHT to do it. A mature, ethical person refrains from doing a great deal that he could otherwise do. This is is the hallmark of true maturity.

Instead, the poor specimen of humanity chooses an older person and then relentlessly picks on her, makes snide remarks and innuendos, and by his own admission runs Google searches on her. I have never even thought of googling anyone in this forum, let alone actually done it, to say nothing of attempting to find something that someone else has said, which may be used for purposes of harrassment. I have a life and do not need to resort to such petty entertainment. But apparently the slimeball in question has sufficient time and motivation on his hands.

But the fact remains that he has continued to hammer and pound her, even after she has repeatedly asked him to stop. But that is OK; after a handful of days, he will simply ignore her pleas and proceed to toy with her. Should she or anyone else call him on it, he will blithely offer the excuse that he must compensate for what he feels is her rudeness to someone else. Is that not what guilty people always do? They turn the story around and blame their own misbehavior on someone else.

Mrs. M has NEVER, EVER deliberately been rude to anyone here and even where she may have spoken out in response to someone's remarks (as in the recent case, in which another member may well have been attempting humor, but really did not know us well enough to effectively deliver facetious nationalistic commentary, thus the outcome did indeed appear a bit rude), Mrs. M's utterances pale when compared to the intentionally calculated mind games of the ruffian. She has NEVER attempted to engage in this sort of behavior, yet the ruffian does so daily. He has no respect for his elders; all he knows how to do is uphold his rights and try to make himself look like an innocent bystander. He caused this to happen and he knew, during the entire time that he was making various remarks and doing his internet searches to give himself ammunition, that she was hurt by it. Yet, being a certain kind of a person, he ignored her misery and continued to hurt her.

When this cyberthug reaches his retirement years, may he find that others--online or otherwise--treat him in a far better way than he has treated our dear friend, lest he be reminded of his own youthful indiscretions. Mad