Skip to main content

Thanks Everyone: Puppy I will get right on that.. I really like the darker colors

Other great news: My new pain medication is working on my hands so I can type again and hold a plate without dropping it - and hold a book again. Small things until you can't do them.

Bought the DVD Movie: Lost In Translation.. With Bill Murray & Scarlett Johansen because it got good reviews and is the first directed by Sofia Coppola. It also got two Thumbs Up from Ebert & Roeper.
Maybe my three years in Tokyo left me jaded but it really fell flat. A light comedy is helped a lot by a little audience laughter - I even watched the deleted scenes which were better than many in the movie. This is a Movie that when brought to DVD should have been a Directors Cut the way it was planned. When you cut it down to 1hr 42 so you can sell popcorn 8 times a day the story gets trashed.
In fact the documentary about the movie was better than the Movie.

Question: I ask Photo Bucket for a address to send a donation to suport the site. It just arrived so will send it today: Was thinking $20 to start is that OK or should I make it 30 or 50 - I'm thinking of annually. Maybe it should be a dollar per month per year per animation- I'm a 20% tipper so think of it that way OK

Accomplishment Is 90% Getting Started
This Is A Test To see what happens when I have a Long Line and if it stacks left or what happens - I can always put it on the left.
OK This is it for now
I Like this
A Little Different
Thats Me
Mory
I Like his stiff Knees
Just Like the
Real Thing
Thanks Everyone

Last edited {1}
Thanks again*- Puppy & Mrs M: and all for the work on my Sig: I really like it...

My labels came and took a pack out to use and the rest go to the storage shed.

I got a similiar deal on 2 x 3 magnets 3 years ago and they are all gone making kids photos of visitors for the Ice Box.

Today I did a photo collage which I am planning for Easter. Also used the business card template and printed stickers for the kids with the labels
One sheet I have a frame on and mom's can stick them on the Frig directly or over old magnets. I doubt they will ever go over the old magnets but also good to stick directly in a photo album - no corners required. The color is really very good.
I can see now I wish I had ordered a double order as I should have with the magnets.

Last edited {1}
It's nice today just a little black Ice here and there on the roads. Got to use my new Fog Lights this Morning - feel more confident and safe when the Milk Trucks are whizzing by at sixty. If they side swipe you they open a car up like a sardine can.
So I will even use them like driving lights on the new cars.
My name & Number Popped off my mail box again
so will have to try a new adhesive. Will use a new label as temporary.

I Just put on a second sweat shirt and put a ski cap on in my computer room. The wind is blowing and this 140 yr old building I'm In has no insulation - a real barn. I even shot foam this winter into and behind all the outlets to cut down the drafts.

Tripple A says Calif. has Gas 20 cents higher now over $2 but it's because of higher state taxes...

I think the roads in Calif are the best in the country - they also have the best Signs
anywhere. NY hasn't put any money in roads in 10 years just patches here and There. I live an a road that has become a Truck Route as the Interstate is so broken up. All the trucks have come back to the old road. Even the old Motels are thriving.
There is just not enough room on these old roads for both Trailers & School Buses.
A young trucker 26 took out our local bridge two months ago he was watching MTV. Nobody hurt but he was lucky. These Picture Cell Phones will raise car Insurance for sure next year says my AAA newsletter. 90% of the Seniors in Our High School
Have Cell Phones. Great for when they break down but not for talking and driving. The In thing now is to have two cell phones and pagers ARE out. There was a teen movie on HBO the other night and the male lead had 3 cells ringing during the entire movie. You can buy a Dummy Cell phone with a red LCD flashing for $9 now so you can LOOK like you have one. Just need a 9 Volt
Battery.

Last edited {1}
Mory... Cheapest gas here is $2.00. It was $2.10. I went to Mt. Shasta a couple weeks ago and paid $1.31. Talk is gas will hit $3.00 this summer. I think it is criminal. Gas companies are posting record profits in spite of the supposed pipeline breaks, refinery shutdowns & fires, oil shortage & any other excuse they can think of to gouge us.

Last edited {1}
We have a Full Service Mobil in town that still wipes your windshield or washes it sometimes. I went last week to get the Mud Off my back Wiper as it was out of washer fluid. Only bought ten dollars worth. but only got four gallons. I even got a smile - Hello and Thank You! Those were the Good Old Days.

Spent the AM putting together my new wheelchair - the idiot took it all apart to pack it. He packed it in $10 worth of Bubble wrap (good) but lost the teflon washers - spacers for the wheels so have to order those now - and install them when they come. The box was so big it didn't need breaking down - but I have 60 feet of Bubble wrap now. I got to give him a POS just for the wrapping alone.

Last edited {1}
Mory,If he had left it together and shipped it folded flat, I would have thought it would have b een better.

Here's hoping yoy NEVER use it!

Mory, there are many senior apts. in Fla. Why don't you think of putting in for one? You could do it over the internet. Would not cost as much probably as there and most of them are really, really nice. The weather is nice and always something going on for you!

Mrs.M.... It's 300 miles North of Modesto (where I live)and about 60 miles south of the Oregon border. Here's map to get a better idea.

And a picture of the mountain.

This pic was taken about 9 miles south of Mt. Shasta at the Dunsmuir exit. Probably more than you wanted to know, huh.

[This message was edited by jakedduck on March 20, 2004 at 01:28 PM.]

[This message was edited by jakedduck on March 20, 2004 at 01:29 PM.]
Last edited {1}
Ive thought about it...A friend was going to leave me a trailer in his will in a SR restricted Park. but he forgot to do it. He did
leave me his Jedda which he had made 5 trips to Florida with. I just gave it to a young (inter-racial) couple I know to help them get a start. They got burned
out last winter here then wen't to Fla to live with the girls Mom. But she was in a restricted park that only allowed visitors for a Month. So they got the car and moved to S.Carolina. She has a job in a new Motel & he is Driving for J B Hunt over the road. Both working now so they will have their own place in six months. It's a second marriage for both of them. So they know what it will take to make it work.
I tutored the Boy through High School - His dad and I were in service together - His Dad died
at 42 of service Injuries - he had previously lost his legs. His Mom died of breast cancer at 50. I do think some people have more than their share of bad luck. I was really upset when they had to move two weeks early from the park in
Florida but her Mom assured me She would
get evicted if the kids didn't move. Anyway
they are working it out - which we all have to do.

Last edited {1}
Yes, most senior parks will only allow non seniors for 30 days.
I have a friend that has a place in a park here and I know you can buy them for 5-6 thousand, but you have to also rent the lot. You can get some nice lots in decent parks for 250-300. I bought one in the fall and auctioned it on Ebay. A guy bought it from Nebraska. He sold his place there and moved here. He loves his park model! Most places do all the yard work, trash pickup and pay water in the rent, Mory.Taxes about twenty-five dollars a year! Electric would not be over twenty-five dollars a month. But, the senior apts. are nice too and depending on your income. maybe not cost as much! Until Bob got so bad, I did some vol. work in this area.

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.