Skip to main content

Went out today to my favorite Chinese Buffet and had 12 salads for dinner. At the end I paid & got my Fortune Cookie - and I said this is for AS
it said "You'll Never Know What You Can Do Until You Try" On the back to Learn Chinese : "hao " means "Good" and AS is truly that. 4,7,11,22,35,36 and if you win I want half...........mory
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My Mom made what she called a Lemon Hard Sauce. Almost clear - a little runny not like Pie filling... she also made that for her Green Tomatoe Pie. and sometimes on Mince Meat. Her Mince Meat was made with Venison so it needed some Zip
I have 3 big lemons left from my Christmas Box from Florida = Ah decisions = decisions...
Last edited {1}
Bread pudding .... with bourbon sauce! I'm stuffed (also went to a buffet for lunch, not chinese Wink) and it STILL sounds good!

Mory - I have a feeling those 'soup' spoons you were talking about are the spoons the kitchen uses to stir the soup? The kind that hold about a gallon at a time? Fess up!

Mother Mary Says, 'HONESTLY! you're just ruint!'
Here are the basic hard sauses,

HARD SAUCE

Makes 1 cup

5 tablespoons, unsalted butter
1 cup, powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon, vanilla

Cream the butter (beat with flat paddle until creamy), then slowly add the sugar, beating well until creamy and pale yellow in color. Add the vanilla and blend in. Refrigerate until needed. Serve cool - but not chilled.

VARIATIONS:
Brandy or wine hard sauce: add 2 tablespoons, brandy - or 3 tablespoons, Sherry or Madeira wine (vanilla may be omitted)

Lemon Hard Sauce: add 1 tablespoon, fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon zest (omit vanilla if desired)

Thanks Be To Heaven - finally get some snow in the South - for a change. No sense only
NY & PA having all the fun...

Mrs M: time for my candle - Can't even imagine your 6000 posts..

BJ those Feedbacks are Priceless - thanks for the Research.

SEARCH ENGINES - In Smart Computing today
The feature in this months review of Search Engines compared: ASK Jeeves -Excite - Google - MSN Search & Yahoo. In the end they avoided any recomendation by saying use the one your comfortable with.
They said all are good it's the Criteria: In other words the Key Words You Select -
Use an exact phrase -and enclose it or a key word in "quote marks"
Now that I've saved you $6 you don't have to buy the Mag. .. mory
Mrs.M Your rice Pudding is Fabulous - but I'm going to have to make 10 more dishes before making comment as it seems to be vanishing

I'll not have a chance to sample it cold.

When you remove the teaspoon from your mouth and your first words are O---M---G

...your at the door of dessert heaven
I'm there a lot - so know - But this, from only one spoon of sugar - truly an amazing......
trsnsformation ...
To Raisin or Not To Raisin - now that is the question?

THANKS - Mrs.M.
Last edited {1}
OK - It's a big step - but have said my final prayers and will add the energy of all that Dancing California fresh Iron and Sunshine..

I can hear a chorus of the little buggers
warming up their act - getting ready to
entice me with the RetroPsychoKinesis Acapella
blues..
It's the full bore B/W number in full Plump
-
None of that going down cold in old Raisin Bran! - or Smothered in Milk Chocolate & Gloss

Move Over Rice - Here we Come....

Pull up your socks and straighten that Tie - Grab Your Hat - the Pit Band is hitting it hard.
It's the 12 beat San Bernadino Rag - All Hats Up Together Now -Shake it - and make it shine..
Last edited {1}
. I hurt all over from shoveling waiting for the meds to kick in so I can sleep tonight. After I was done the kid showed who was supposed to be here at 9am. I said all I got left is packing out the garbage - He said Hell I don't even do that at home. So I said well. try next week then.. So then did all the garbage, recycles and cut up the boxes. It was good for me. It was a really beautiful Sunny Day. I cam back to cancel two bids I have set for tonight - great items and price but the Car Insurance bill came today and its a $85 saving If I pay it all at once so will have to give up my toys this month and be good.
Got another item in the mail today with no packing whatsoever really upsets me - Nothng broke so what can I say. It seems to happen whenever I Insure something .No sense getting bent out of shape this supplier won't change. He uses office paper waste
in bags as packing sometimes. When his staff gets behind they dump his mail in the trash. I dare not complain they would send my little junk to zanzibar, It was really nice the Sun Came Out Today while I did my chores.
Last edited {1}
His mom called quite indignant - I thought you needed James? I did at 9am not 3 in the afternoon= She said well thats when he finished at home.. I said I have no work at three thats when I take nap -. after I worked 5 hrs. She hung up...I know why she's ticked - he usually goes from my place to the store and Gets Milk Bread & cigs for her. He gets to keep $10..
I doubt if he will work anymore I told him that I would be paying by check so his Mom knew what I was paying him. - there goes my new mail box...
I tried her daughter last week - cleaning the kitchen - she did a fare job but she had her cell phone in right hand - the entire two hours. I told her I wanted both hands working so she tucked the phone under her chin. Then her boyfriend came over and sat on the steps to wait for her. They were going for Cigs. They can't buy here in our village store anymore - the owner got busted So its 14 mi to town & back. She left with 2 Sodas and Sandwiches.
I'm too old to raise a 3rd crop...Nighty Night
When I tell people I live in Modesto, they say, WHRERE. But when I say 2 blocks from Scott & Laci Peterson everyone knows. It is in the Central Valley about 70 Miles South of Sacramento (Arnolds new home)and about 80 miles E of San Francisco. Where are you, the artic?

Well, I bet that was more than you really wanted to know but, Oh well.
I'm off to spray roundup for a friend. With 60 degree sunny days the weeds think it's spring. Then I might stop at the nursrey for some flowers.

Jake
I'M pretty good with Cal. I took basic at Fort Ord near
Salinas before going to Korea, Have an Uncle was Manager of a Penny Store near Reseda. I worked for AT&T in Sunnyvale a while then worked the Bell System Disneyland exhibit. After my Uncle retired from Penny's he opened a cabin shop selling Sunglasses on the Queen Mary. I did six Tradeshows at the LA Convention Center but never got out of the Hotel. I like the Desert and have The High Desert Star Paper mailed 3 times a week from Yucca Valley Calif. I was ready to close on a few acres in the Morongo bason near Joshua Park but they have had 3 earthquates in a month.
I have done my bit with earthquakes but will see...
Now I am living In Upstate NY 250 Miles North of NYC. I have a small farm which I am selling and then will move somewhere snowless.
If I move to the Desert I can see the snow In the Mts. but don't have to shovel it.
I just printed a World Map and will now print the one you posted.
As for Bandwidth I think ALL General Posts should be deleted by AS after 60 days or at the discretion of the poster,anytime.
Thanks for the Calif Map. ... Mory
Bought 12 Baskets and all the grass and a sack of Yellow & Pink "Pips" Foil wrapped chocolate eggs and Bags of Jellie Bellies.
Still have to find the Peas coloring and decals.
Used to get everything at the local five & dime (it closed) so now have to shop around and Early to get everything done. This is my last year making baskets (I say this every year) used to do 33 now down to 12. It doesn't seem easier though/
Last edited {1}
No, jury selection is this week. I wish they would hang him and get it over with. Absolutely no question in my mind as to his guilt. If he isn't guilty he did everything possible to make himself look that way. Scott Peterson and Laci's brother Brent & 2 other people I did not recognize came to our house shortly after Laci disappeared. Brent came to the door and literally begged for information about Laci. Scott stood on the sidewalk laughing and horsing around with another person. Didn't act the greiving husband part very well. They moved the trial to Redwood city (thank goodness). I had seen Laci before but I did not know her. It was horrible beyond words.
Jake
Squeaky... The trial charging Scott Peterson with killing his wife Laci & their unborn son Conner. She was 8 months pregnant. He reportered her missing after returning from a fishing trip in San Francisco Bay (where the bodies of Laci & Conner were found). Scott was having an affair with a woman about 90 miles south of here. Very sad.

Thanks for the link Puppy.
Jake
The judge has just ruled out all the Wire tap evidence but has allowed the admission
of the tracking dog who tracked Laci's scent from her glasses to the end of the dock where
she was put on the boat. This dog tracking can nail the case against Scott - now if the Jury just does it's job. But its an odds fact he will get off because a Jurror wants to play God and Forgive Him.

You can get more for a DWI or Pot in Calif than a double homicide. I take this cheap shot TO HELP our friends overseas understand the disparity from State to State in our US Justice System.
I hope
Arnold S doesn't make a complete mockery of the Law. These are tough days everywhere for families - from sea to shining sea.
Last edited {1}
Did you know that cats can make over 100 Vocal Sounds but Dogs only Ten. Dogs have a far more extensive Body Language. & senses. And don't ask me where I learned that - It's like our left hand does 56% of our typing. And - there are no words in English that rhyme with month, orange silver or purple. Babies are Born without kneecaps they don't form until after age two. So carpeting is important for crawling.
AND Mory is the worst speller on Earth.
Thanks for the Laci update. Even if Scott gets convicted, now that the trial is in the Bay Area I doubt he will get the death sentence. I understand there has never been a cop killer sentenced to death in the Bay Area. Do they really jail pot users in Ca. Sometime back my ex-neighbor was selling dope. I called the cops everyday. Finally thay said "Why do you keep calling". Never mind what I told them. California's motto should be ANYTHING GOES.
Jake
Actually my mind is imploding - working on my own disaster. Am changing all my accounts credit cards passwords including Bank Account. All have been extremely helpful - I am being decimated. All from a BOGUS Pay Pal E-Mail.
In the middle of this I sniped an expensive item. Called them today and said I couldn't buy it this month until things got straight again.. They said, forget it - they will put it on hold for me in the warehouse. Unbelievable - God is playing with my mind - These are the *******s that shipped my camera without packing & I have been witholding a Negative On. Never tell me there isn't a higher power.. mory
Last edited {1}
Does anyone know why on the
Canadian $2 bill the flag flying over the Parliment building is a US Flag?

Know how to find a bogus new five? All 50 state names are now across the top of the Lincoln Memorial. A Dime has 118 Ridges around it.
There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar. Most kids today only know 4.
Last edited {1}
quote:
I am being decimated. All from a BOGUS Pay Pal E-Mail.

Mory - Are you saying somebody got in and charged a bunch of stuff to your account? Or took cash advances against your credit card ? Or did you change just to be cautious after being spoofed? It sounds like you got plain ol' robbed! That must be awful!

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email purporting to be something from ebay about everybody needing to get signed up with Verisign, whatever that is. Looked real official, too. Said it would cost $5. First, asked for ebay user ID and password. Then wanted credit card info, social security number, mother's maiden name and the whole bit. I got spooked and backed out without giving the info. Was it something like that with you?

Anyway, sorry to hear about your troubles.
Last edited {1}
quote:
First, asked for ebay user ID and password. Then wanted credit card info, social security number, mother's maiden name and the whole bit. I got spooked and backed out without giving the info.
littlebit, that's a littlebit spooky...

Yes there is such a thing, and it does cost $5.00, but have never heard of eBay sending email to get people to sigh up for it. In fact it's kind of hard to find if you're looking for it! It's a way for the small guy to prove he/she is really who they say they are, and gives people more assurance you're not just having a bogus auction. It also allows you to make large bids without giving a credit card number.

After verification, a shows up on your feedback page. Once verified, it's good until you change any contact information. If interested in the REAL service, >> Click Here <<

[This message was edited by Puppy Raiser on March 05, 2004 at 12:20 PM.]
Last edited {1}
Littlebit: I had a problem getting things sent to me even when I paid for them. The sellers refused to ship to me as I did not have a "verified: address. when I would win an auction they e-mailed the seller saying here is your winner - this is an unverified address. Well I would e-mail the seller and say I haven't moved in 10 years and this is my address. So I send several strong complaints to E-Bay . An E-Mail shows up from Verisign. If I pay them $5 I can use my address as Verified and this verfied logo will appear by my address and I will have no problem. So I did this. By the way I had to fill out Very sensitive personal Info and passwords. But everything settled down. Then an E-Mail arrives from E-Bay Subject: E-Bay Account Suspended.
"During Our regular Update and verification of accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or is incomp[lete." " According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real site owner of the E-Bay acount by log in and complete the form that will pop up or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with E-Bay. ( I printed this ultimatem and have it before me now)
Then a box is there for me to insert my E-Bay User ID_______________Password:_____________
I filled in my ID and Password and clicked Submit..The page rolled over and went to a blank page and said site not available or something like that.
Then I get another form to fill out so I did.
I started getting massive spam. I used to get 4 - I started getting 50. Then I got two calls from Credit Card companies asking if I was charging Gas at XXXXX ut of State - I said NO. so the card was blocked
and reissued. Then another on a purchase: No Card was blocked. So I changed my Password, banking & credit card Info. I have had no monetary losses yet as the credit card & my bank have a program for this.
It does shut you down for about a week. One payment was late with Capitol One. and they stuck me $30. I couldn't pay for Items I sniped but I called and everyone waited a week and now they have been paid and my new $300 Kitchen Aid I sni[ped for a little over $100 is on its way to me today. Is it Over?
Guess What On March 4, I got the same E-Mail from E-Bay again asking for my User ID and Password or my account will be suspended. It is in Full Color and as far as I know from E-Bay when I scroll down to the bottom it has links to
Announcements) Register) Safe Harbor).xxxxxx
Right now I'm doing nothing until I get someone with E-Bay on the Telelphone. That alone will be a monumental achievement
I drove a hundred miles and waited 2 Hrs to see my attorney today.. He said go home relax - your problems are few - don't worry -- & Wished me Happy Easter..
So I drove home Ate Chinese and came home to watch Martha's Trial. It took my mind off of me. I have had 4 pots of coffee and will be up until morning.
Did you know that the average persons left does 56% of the typing - (that is my bad hand) And that Dreamt is the only word in our language that ends with "mt"
now I feel better already.
Last edited {1}
never never never fill out any of those things from ebay or paypal. One sure way to find out is to forward it immediatley to snipe@ebay.com. They will send you two emails back. One will say they got it, and the next will say that it was a bogus email. Just be sure never to fill those out. Another thing you can do is just go to ebay and check your my ebay page. It will be fine. They are very sneaky. I even got one that had someones name at the bottom that is from ebay or paypal. uggg

The best things in life are furry....and flowers!
Thanks MG: they are very crafty and when You are sent a full color E-Mail from E-Bay - what are you to think?
You know we go through floods fire and losses and its the kind of character building I really don't think we need.
I don't think I could take a flood or fire - we just never know - Thanks for responding.. mory
Oh, Mory! that sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad you didn't lose more. Mrs. M says don't fill out ANY info for ANY emails from ebay. They're all hoaxes, I guess.

Two thoughts:
1 - If these guys are smart enough to pull a high-tech scam like this, why aren't they smart enough to buy more than gasoline before the card gets shut down?

2 - As long as your attorney doesn't charge you $240 an hour for the two hours you occupied his waiting room, you're out of the woods.
if you get any full color e-mail from e-bay : THIS IS WHAT YOU DO.

DON'T ANSWER IT: LOG OFF ASAP.
WHEN YOU COME BACK UP HAVE YOUR BROWSER TAKE YOU TO:
l. ebay.com
2. click on : Services
3. click on: Law enforcement
4. go to: Spotting a Spoof (read it and Print it so you can follow instructions)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Go back to the Original E-Mail: click Forward e-mail
5. Enter: ebay.com
--------------------------------------------
Unfortunately e-bay has all the information
buried so deep its hard to find. I originally went to e-bay and entered "spoof" and found nothing so thought the whole subject was bogus.

Your goal is the: E-Bay Security Center to read about spotting a spoof. Good Luck

PS: If you have never been spoofed - take 2
minutes and read the e-bay info on spoof
Thanks Mrs.M. : I am just thick headed and paid for it with 2 weeks of worry. I just didn't believe anyone could reproduce the e-bay website in e-mails and get away with it. I think e-bay is doing harm by not getting this out in the Open. They Have All The Info on The e-bay website
( It's just too hard to find. )
I want to thank you Mrs.M for your help.

You are the most valuable asset Auction Sniper Has because you are helpful & independent.

Thank You Sincerely - mory
littlebit: OMG I wish I could find an atorney that cheap: I talked with him for an hour . Ask him what I owed and he said nothing. What I did do: I called his secretary and said I was coming. (she said he can't see you) I said I know. Then I arrived at 10 with a box of Crispy Cream Filled Doughnuts. (EVERBODY in the Office is on A Diet). I went back to my car and put another quarter in the meter and picked up the pot of
Blooming Daffodils. I sat in the waiting room.
James came out and got me - (he never gets off his butt for anybody) We had our talk. I left.
On the way home I stopped at K Mart and picked up 5 bags of quality foil wrapped Easter Treats.
They were mailed with a Thank You Easter Card
This afternoon I will order a Pineapple Macadamia Nut Cheesecake sent to the Office for Easter from Colin Street Bakery.(with the lb of Easter Coffee)
I never have any problem seeing my attorney -

I have no idea who eats the goodies as EVERYONE in his office is on a Diet. ..... mory
Last edited {1}
When I got to the PO to mail the candy this morning she ask me the contents - (they never did this before bomb scares) i said, chocolate eggs. trouffles, Peanut butter cups, dark chocolate eggs, Jellie Bellies, and mini milk chocolate bunnies. Chocolate cherries & a Easter card. Then it has to go First Class for $4.89 - you should have put the card on the outside. with a stamp on it. Saved you $2. One more question - How Do I get On your List?
Then I laughed - Remember the little kitten with the Chick that was posted last week - I dropped that in on the shipping label with a Happy Easter.
A good way to start the day.

Just got an three. page reply from E-Bay on the spoof I forwarded - have a little more work to do. (After a nap)

Guess What: My K Mart put Martha Stewart on sale today.. I picked up two hand wash cloths
$4 marked down from $6. That's still outrageous $4 for a wash cloth. Boy am I out of touch.
Last edited {1}
In the garden center they had little greenhouses of clear plastic with starter seeds in them. Great idea. They hadn't marked them down yet but very go0d idea.
I just can't see an extra six dollars on a Towel because he name is on the Tag but many would. In some cases she seemed to improve the product offered. In another year everything in K Mart would have a Stewart Label on it.
Martha's Green Clay Cat Litter - Bet the cats couldn't wait to use that. Some of her cooking shows were good and would have
liked to have seen her yard before 50 gardeners worked on it. She needed to be scaled back but not destroyed. Another sad fall from grace. And her stockholders
a lot of hard working women lost a couple hundred million today. The Gov't knew this would happen and thats really stupid.
Last edited {1}
I get a kick out ot leaving a note but haven't been that creative yet. After Christmas I decided to add some more ornamants for my trees in fact am still buying beautiful glass and porcelain figures. They are only a dollar but one night I bought about a large quantity - finally the dealer got tired and decided to sell them by the dozen which worked well. They were in bulk as the creator ran out of boxes. In my whole life I never bought any before. They were always passed down so it was fun to add some new ones. This year my tree is really going to be special. I have spent hours leaving feedback. It does seem to catch people off guard.
Last edited {1}
I buy crazy Stuff all the time - yesterday I bought a wheelchair. Don't need it but if I do its available. Its new cost $600 and I paid $50 so what the hey...i Bought a walker for $5 and a week later I sprained my ankle and needed it for a week so actualy thought twice when I bought the chair. LOL
I've got 20 boxes I haven't opened - If I get bored I open a box = surprise...Geez I forgot I bought that..
Last edited {1}
Mrs.M posted:
quote:
...off Ebay! I bought cars for my 4 children and now am searching for one for myself.
Two things:
1) Just curious. Any reason you didn't buy vehicles on ebay motors? You've done a fair share of buying/selling other big ticket items like trailers & RVs.

2) Will you ADOPT me??? Wink

Jabbergah                                                  
quote:
'Cept you can't throw out my kitties, antique powder music boxes, or my hubby!!

MG - In that order? Wink

Anyway, a web site you might want to check out is flylady.net. It's not for everybody, but she does a very good job of addressing decluttering. The general focus is a support group for people trying to get it together on the home front - changing attitudes, breaking housework and other tasks into baby steps, doing basic routines to keep on top of the mess and clutter, etc. You can sign up and she sends you lots of email reminders, like every Friday you'd get an email telling you to take a few minutes to clean out your purse, and another one a little later in the day to clean out your car. (Or, as they say, to "boogie" it.) It's meant to be fun and supportive - no lectures, just help. You can delete any emails you don't want to do, and quit at any time.

This month, the focus is on finances. Right now, you can download a journal to help you sort out and manage your finances. They also have a downloadable journal for planning holidays and other big events. It's all FREE, unless you order something from their shop. (They sell flylady's book, timers, and really quite good feather dusters. I got the one with the long handle, since I'm pretty short, and it does help me zip through dusting.)

Anyway, many people have found life-changing help from flylady.net and her email support group. They say it's not necessarily for the B.O. (Born Organized), but for SHEs (Side-Tracked Home Executives). The group contains mostly women, but a lot of men, too, whether stay-at-homes, work-at-homes, full-time payroll workers, homeschoolers, students, etc., - anyone who has a house and responsibilities can benefit.

See what you think of flylady.net.
Mrs.N: I am absolutely dumbfounded how you knew I already purchased a chair. The wheel bearing siezed on it and I decided to go for a new lightweight if one ever showed on E-Bay - it did so I'm bidding.
Put the old one outside by the front door. My disability didn't pay for it before I had to go to Nursing home for a few months so just put it outside by the handrail I had built for myself. to help getting up the 4 steps. It's really handy when its Icy. I just feel its better to be prepared. If I'm prepared then nothing ever goes wrong so thats a good deal.

I had a wonderful Sunday - Today - Hired help today for 6 hours and we really cleaned the place good - I did the kitchen as had to put a lot of things in special places.
Now I can steam clean and wipe down two more walls. Then I only have one more day in the bath. Already did the Tub & Tile work and the place looks like new. Also gave away all the excercise & Gym Eqpt to
my helper for his family - that goes out tomorrow. Now have proper room for my running-walking machine which I do use.
I could have done it all myself but I don't - I do better if I work with someone
that also can do the really hard stuff.
Next and final job will be to machine clean all the carpeting. Then I will be ready for spring. When it's nice out I don't want to be stuck inside.
Last edited {1}
Mrs.M He's flying into an airport about an hour away. I'm going to pick him up this afternoon! Smile

Littlebit I knew someone would ask about the order!! heh
I should say, my house is very neat and organized (well except for the kitty furs flying every once in a while)I'm afraid I've given the appearance of a slob! I've just run out of places to store things and know that I need to clean out some of the old stuff. I've been a crafter for over 20 years and it tends to add up.I just always think....I might use that someday..... And my music boxes are overflowing the cabinet. I know I should get rid of the ones I don't like as much....but I don't want to!! heh, I'm stuck. I have saved us alot of money over the years not having to buy something twice because we got rid of it the first time tho.

The best things in life are furry....and flowers!
MG - I did not in the least think or mean to imply I thought poorly of your housekeeping. Looking at the pictures of your garden, anyone can tell you are a person who appreciates beauty and order, and doesn't mind hard work! Gardens like that one don't accidently happen, or bloom so profusely with only sporadic attention. I can see the planning and care you've put into it. I am sorry that I misspoke.

I only meant that flylady's has good ideas for how to decide what to keep and what to get rid of, not based on outside evaluations, price, or other's expectations, but just, "Do I love it? Do I have a place for it? Does it make me smile?"

Enjoy your son's homecoming!
Last edited {1}
Sunny 55 butthe Snow is almost melted - except for the big piles. Some flooding from melting snow. Freezing every night.
Spent the afternoon reading Apartment Ads in Sidney Herald Online.. May Pop Over for a Month and get warm. Also looking at House
Boats - will see. As soon as I don't have to worry about this place freezing I can take a short vacation. ....mory
Last edited {1}
A friend recomended it because they new I liked old cars -and old period stories..I sniped the DVD on the net for $6 and saved it for a dull TV night They should have called it something like depression reflections ending with a Horse Race. Got 9 more to look at on dull TV days. Also got the first year of the West Wing so I could catch a few shows I missed. Didn't watch the season opener of the Sopranos - it will be replayed endlessly. Last year I bought 6 new vcrs
called "Go Video" I tape my favorite shows and they play them back without the commercials. Then I sit down in front of my bigger TV and really enjoy the program.
When I am really TV surfing I look at my video wall - have 8 sets on & switch anything to sound on the PIP in the center. It it looks good then I pop it on the big screen with full Theater sound. Have 3 other TV's set up to view and record at my bed. I'm shopping for a really good LCD projector
that will give me a razor sharp 12 ft picture on the north wall. They are getting better but still a little soft. The sound I got nailed. Sometimes I shake the spices off the kitchen shelves 75 ft and 3 rooms away. All of this is expensive but I drive a 12 year old Van - mory
Last edited {1}
Just download a similiar photo taken from the bridge with speed boats crashing around th Harbor. The paper just posted the winning
photos from readers on their website - One the most special sunrise I have ever seen.
Yes fares are now down under $900 to Sidney so am looking. The Airlines were in the news again for their bad service records - don't like reading that... Oh well, when my time comes - it comes...
Hey, lexie, wanna borrow my purple pen? Some things just HAVE to be edited!

I was looking at a seller's feedback the other day... he got a neg that said something like "finally recieved the item after waiting two months". His response was something like "You misspelled Received, you moron".

Hmm, when the best defense you can think of is to critique the SPELLING on your negative feedback... Sometimes you just have to PRAY that ebay will put up a "Blocked sellers" option...

(I'm craving tacos, is that weird? And do I really want to drive to Taco Bell at 10 pm?)

Sorry Lexie: Told you I am the word's worast

Can't send a URL don't know that but go to The Sydney Morning Herald Site: smh.com.au

then click on : Multimedia or under that: galleries.. there you have the Mike Bowers Sunset#1 and #8 The Opera House taken from the lift going up the Harbour Bridge by David Moir.
All GREAT Sydney Photos & 8 oTHERS BUT -

BUT THE BEST: When You look to the right is a Big Surfing Picture well under it is a little Caption: Sydney As You Like It..
click on that: Get the readers Photos: See #13 The City from Fire Dock by Dale Baily..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BUT NOW COMES THE MOST INCREDIBLE PHOTO I
have ever seen of Australia: BAR NONE!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
#3 DAWN - bY Philip Paris
This Makes me want to call Virgin Blue & Buy a Ticket.
Then: Checkout the 2 new Baby Sumatran Tiger Cubs at the Torongo Zoo... They are searching for names for them - we should submit a list of names..... MORY
Last edited {1}
I have seen thousands of Sunsets and the evening Aurora dancing in the Arctic but have never seen a Sunrise as special as that. I once saw a Rainbow from Horizon to Horizon across a Minnesota corn field so clear it looked painted.
I really feel these come to us in our life when we need them most - I like to believe that.
I have a Long Drive today have to spend an hour with a Judge who will referee some medical bills - then hope to see the new Mel Gibson Film on the Big Screen This Afternoon. If I'm beat after court I'm just coming home.
But the Sunrise has me prepared for a good day.
Drove to Binghamton to meet with Attorney's and one of them didn't show so the meeting was postponed for 8 weeks. So I ask that the next meeting be held in Norwich which is a little town only 10 miles from me. Much to my surprise the Judge approved the change. Actually I came to the meeting out of breath and when asked if I was alright just said yes, its just more than a mile from the parking lot to the meeting room. When I got back to the car I was in the middle of the movie schedule so came home - it was 9 hours which is a full day anyway. It's all about my doctors charging services to wrong accounts because they are too lazy to issue seperate bills.
And I have no intention some day off being charged with medicare irregularities. I have 3 insurance plans and have to keep seeing the right ones pay for the Aspirin.
Driving home I got to try out my new credit card
size wallet camera and then download the pictures to my computer. The pictures are only 1 Meg but sharp up to 5 x 7 and perfect for the internet. Its called a CardCam.
Was watching a Nutritionist on TV today and he was asked which foods were the absolute best for us. You will never guess. #1 was raw Blueberries or raw cranberries (ground with citrus). or raw strawberries.
#2 Cooked Pumpkin or raw carrot #3 Raw walnuts or peanuts - cashews.
#4Tomatoes both raw & cooked - each provide different nutrition.
#5 Wild Salmon :in a class by itself over all other seafood. Raw or smoked.
#6 Then SOY: in beans - flower or Rofu #7
Last Green Leafy Vegs: #1 Spinich in this class. It seems that raw Blueberries have more vitamins & minerals than anything. If they were not so expensive I would eat them daily. I just like them.
...I used to have relatives that lived near Worcester, MA and about 2 miles from their cottage was a field full of wild blueberries; mmmm, mmmm! Drive over there at 7:00am, eat them on cereal at 7:30am (if they lasted that long). MMMMMMM, MMMMMMMMM! Big Grin Big Grin

Dave

"The waist is a terrible thing to mind."
Last edited {1}
And, did you know ...

Stevia rebaudiana, widely commercially grown and used (Japan, Brazil, Paraguay) as a sweetner. The active ingredient is over 300 times sweeter than sucrose. Not available for commercial use in the US because our wonderful FDA won't let it in (can we say, 'Sugar Lobby'?). It is also purported to have properties similar to honey (anti-bacterial, anti-microbial). Medical uses aside, this is yet another example of our (US) propensity to stifle competition.

>>Click here<< for more information, or >>Click here<< for a source for stevia seeds.

Smile

More useless information ...

'Bacon' bits which aren't specifically called such, are sometimes (in cheap restaurants) made of grapenuts with bacon fat added. Blech! The next time you sprinkle those little granules over your baked potato that amazingly don't have any resemblence to bacon you might want to think twice Smile

Mrs. M ... Looking out the window at the clouds, drizzle and chilly temps I am beginning to yearn for summer! You can click this for >>my favorite trail<<. Only two little hills, and about 30 miles round trip from where I start riding. Of course I blow the health benefits away by stopping at the Redhook Brewery on the way back for a beer and lunch Wink Hmmm ... maybe I could just bundle up and do the ride anyway? Smile

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.