Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Cottage!

I'm not sure exactly how many clients AuctionSniper has, but I'm sure it is in the 1000's. The service is placing 100's, maybe 1000's of snipes EVERY DAY! When there is the occasional glitch -- either caused by eBay (usually), or by the user (often), or even by the AS service itself (occasionally), it is the "glitch sufferers" that will be upset and posting their complaints or outrage on the forum.

ALL the happy snipers that use the AS service religiously and can't even imagine bidding on eBay without it, just go about their lives sniping on things they want to bid on, winning some, losing some -- they have no complaints they feel compelled to share on the forum. You don't generally hear from the "happy campers"! Wink

But, re: you deciding whether to try the service or not, why not try it for yourself? You get 3 free introductory sniped wins, what have you got to lose? But you must decide for yourself. Smile

Jabbergah Cool
Like everyone is saying. The majority of the people are very happy. Since I've found it I sure will not bid without it. Sure, I lose a lot , and most of the time it is because I do not want to pay as much as someone else does to for the gizmo. But when I win it is WONDERFUL, MARVELOUS, ETC.. I use the bid groups for that reason. Sooner or later I will get the gizmo for the price I want to pay (as long as I have researched the value and set my price accordingly) If it is a common item and there are oodles and oodles of the item on eBay, I generally will try to get it at 1/2 the retail price. As for the rare, or "I just gatta have that gizmo", sure I will bid more. But I sure will not bid more than I feel I can afford to pay for it.
Auction fever is a lot like a gambling addiction. You should not gamble any more than you can afford. I repeat myself a lot, but it is because I am happy with this service...... Big Grin Wink Smile Cool

"Shop" and My Snipes
Cottage, we love AS as a whole and we love our forum. It is a place to enjoy the company, get needed information, and, of course, come in and complain! I don't think you will find any other service like this that you can do these things in public view! And, you are always to join us! Smile

[This message was edited by Mrs.M on December 02, 2003 at 03:13 AM.]
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
I'm not sure exactly how many clients AuctionSniper has, but I'm sure it is in the 1000's. The service is placing 100's, maybe 1000's of snipes EVERY DAY!

The following might help in estimating:

>>> Click here <<<

>>> Click here <<<

>>> Click here <<<

>>> Click here <<<

>>> Click here <<<

Nothing to do with snipe numbers, but thought the forum members would like to read this:

>>> Click here <<<

Cottage,
I subscribe to Jabber's "Quite happy campers" comment. Good news doesn't seem to be all that interesting, nor does it get reported. When things go right, who cares? I wouldn't be surprised if less then 1 out of 5000 successful snipes are ever posted, and I wouldn't be surprised if more then 25% of unsuccessful snipes are.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
You know Rick, I am not really mad

I know. How's the weather today? Wink

Ourchiveman
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by Jabbergah:
I take it this is an issue that arises nearly every month or 2!

I didn't realize that, but you appear to be correct.

Sara won't post how many snipes they do, or have done, and I don't blame her. But she comments about "thousands" of snipes a day. So, it sounds like it's 3,000+ a day. That would be over a million a year. It just impresses me that AS gets it right so often, and they have a very difficult programming challenge - they don't control their data base (or call it the "input"). They are completely dependant on ebay. I think about the hassle of just trying to find the right picture to post as the thumbnail.

I'm sure there are various companies that make a living off the "crumbs" that ebay doesn't go after. ebay doesn't appear to support these various services/companies. If ebay doesn't it's a pity. A company like AS is in essence a company that provides a service for ebay and ebay doesn't have to pay for it.
Last edited {1}
Oh Wow!

My own e-book, with chapters and ALL! "The Best Of....by Jabbergah". Now I don't hafta do a search on my own name to re-read my wonderful prose! Wink

I think chapters 11 & 13 were my best literature so far! Of course, chapters 9 & 18 about my InstaMail recommendations are rather stellar, too. Chapters 2 - 4, and 8 weren't too shabby either! Wink

I truly must thank my e-editor, Rick, for his invaluable assistance with my book. Without him, my e-book would never have happened! Big Grin

I think it important to remain accessible to my hoards of adoring fans, which is why this publishing work is so vital! This is also why we're rushing to complete the preparation of my new web site: www.fullofhimself.com where my fan club members can access all Jabbergah, all the time!

Look for my auctions on ebay where you can buy e-autographed copies of my e-book! Big Grin

Working on my next best seller....

Jabbergah Cool
Cottage Rose-- I just registered for Forum but have been using AS for over a year. It's great-- I have missed maybe 2-3 snipes in that time, but I win maybe 5-10 items a day successfully. I wouldn't think of bidding without AS. As a matter of fact my secretary recently complained that she could never win items because the prices went too high, and after I suggested AS she won her first item in two weeks. She thinks it's great!

AS is not always successful, but if you bid reasonebly high, you'll win your share of items. Nothing is 100% right all the time.
Hi Sunny. The bid group is the best thing ever.
Unless you are after a one of a kind gizmo, it is the only way to go. After you set up your bid group folder, you just keep adding all of those same gizmos to it (at your set max price). Then let IGOR (the computer) do the bidding. Like we say, you may lose a lot of them, but as long as you set a reasonable price, sooner or later you get it at your price...
YAH The main thing is, when you set up the folder.
(using that manage folders click) to be very sure to click on the: is this a bid group.... You can check if you did that right because as soon as you transfer or snipe now into that folder, the item will change go that color and also say folder/bid group. Then keep throwing those gizmos into it until you win one. If you want more than one of them, just change to that number in the "manage folder" window. I know I get windy and there are a lot of people that can communicate better than I can. But, I am so sold on this AS feature. I have gotten everything I have wanted sooner or later at my price by using that bid group thing. Wink Big Grin Cool Smile

"Shop" and My Snipes

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.