Skip to main content

Hi, I'm a new member of the AS forum, but I have been a very satisfied user of AS for many years. During that time I have referred quite a few people to AS and they, too, have become satisfied users. I am saying this as a preface to posting my problem because I would like my post to be treated with respect and courtesy.

In attempting to troubleshoot my issue before taking it to the folks at AS, I read though some of the recent posts on the AS forum to determine whether it was a known issue. In so doing, I was dismayed to find that when raising legitimate performance issues on the forum, some users have received unkind and unhelpful responses from community members. The way I see it, we should all have a spirit of kindness here, encouraging and assisting one another as we communicate about a very helpful service that has provided much value to its members over the years.

I have already filed support reports for this issue but I am posting it here as well in hopes that reading my issue may assist other members in the AS community who may be encountering similar trouble today.

Initially, when on my Mac, I received the following error message when unsuccessfully attempting to set up a new snipe: Cannot locate this item. Since I do not usually eBay from my Mac, I switched to my PC. Same result, with a different error returned: Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error.

I'd appreciate any insight others may have into this issue, especially what is causing it and when it is expected to be resolved.

Thank you.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
and of course AS are doing it on purpose just to annoy newbies!
I know you get a kick out of beating up on those that have recently posted for the first time to this forum, but do try to remember that the forum register date is no indication of how long they have been using AS.
I have also been unable to set up a new snipe; One managed to go through yesterday, but I had tried numerous times before it "took". Since then, I have been unable to add any other snipes.

When I try to set up a snipe, I receive a message saying: "Could not find the item."
For good measure, I tried the bulk uploader, and received this error (item# removed):
Warning
EBay item #xxxxxxxxxx is ended or not an auction.

Like some of the others, this is my first time posting in the AS forums. HOWEVER, while I am a n00b to the forum, I have used auctionsniper.com for several years. I just never had a problem before this time, so I did not have a need to register in the forums.

-Rob
It isn't you, it's everyone -- there's a system problem. AS is usually smooth as silk, but every so often they do hit a snag and will do their best to correct it, but having a back-up service is not a bad idea.
quote:
Originally posted by purpleplume:
Hi, I'm a new member of the AS forum, but I have been a very satisfied user of AS for many years. During that time I have referred quite a few people to AS and they, too, have become satisfied users. I am saying this as a preface to posting my problem because I would like my post to be treated with respect and courtesy.

In attempting to troubleshoot my issue before taking it to the folks at AS, I read though some of the recent posts on the AS forum to determine whether it was a known issue. In so doing, I was dismayed to find that when raising legitimate performance issues on the forum, some users have received unkind and unhelpful responses from community members. The way I see it, we should all have a spirit of kindness here, encouraging and assisting one another as we communicate about a very helpful service that has provided much value to its members over the years.

I have already filed support reports for this issue but I am posting it here as well in hopes that reading my issue may assist other members in the AS community who may be encountering similar trouble today.

Initially, when on my Mac, I received the following error message when unsuccessfully attempting to set up a new snipe: Cannot locate this item. Since I do not usually eBay from my Mac, I switched to my PC. Same result, with a different error returned: Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error.

I'd appreciate any insight others may have into this issue, especially what is causing it and when it is expected to be resolved.

Thank you.
quote:
Originally posted by mobilewholeseller:
Where did all those posts go? Wow it's like communism in here Roll Eyes
No. After all, no one was sent to the gulag.

I doubt any of the U.S. political parties currently trying to get their candidates elected would allow anyone to put a poster in their election headquarters promoting someone from a competitive party.
Hi Clydo,

Since you are having trouble with the import wizard, I suspect you are most likely using the BETA version of the new My eBay page. Our watch importing functionality is not compatible with the BETA version of the new My eBay page so, if that is indeed the case, you will need to opt out of the use of the BETA My eBay page before you will be able to import watches into your Auction Sniper account successfully.

If eBay decides to make this new version of the My eBay page the standard, we make whatever adjustments are necessary to support the importing of watches for users who are using that version of the My eBay page.

If you are not using the BETA version of the new My eBay page and you still cannot import watches using Auction Sniper, I recommend contacting our customer support team using the web form on the following page: http://support.auctionsniper.com

-Mike
Hi Community,

We became aware of a technical issue yesterday that is causing many users to be unable to place snipes on items listed on some international eBay sites. While this problem did not begin until well after this thread was started, the behavior you will see if you are being affected by this current issue is similar to what has been discussed on this thread.

A description of this problem is currently posted on the following thread of our forum: https://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/975608021/m/2761042403. I will be posting further updates on that thread as additional information becomes available.

-Mike
Hi Ron Natalie,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I did a fair amount of searching on eBay and elsewhere on the web but I was unable to find any announcements stating that eBay would be removing the option to opt out of using the BETA version of the My eBay page. If possible, can you please post a link to where this information is displayed?

I'll see if I can get in touch with someone within eBay that will be able to verify whether this is indeed going to happen and when we can expect that transition to take place.

We'll definitely do what we can to make the Import Wizard compatible with the new My eBay page when and if that change is going to take place.

-Mike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.