Skip to main content

Reply to "Cannot set up a new snipe"

It isn't you, it's everyone -- there's a system problem. AS is usually smooth as silk, but every so often they do hit a snag and will do their best to correct it, but having a back-up service is not a bad idea.
quote:
Originally posted by purpleplume:
Hi, I'm a new member of the AS forum, but I have been a very satisfied user of AS for many years. During that time I have referred quite a few people to AS and they, too, have become satisfied users. I am saying this as a preface to posting my problem because I would like my post to be treated with respect and courtesy.

In attempting to troubleshoot my issue before taking it to the folks at AS, I read though some of the recent posts on the AS forum to determine whether it was a known issue. In so doing, I was dismayed to find that when raising legitimate performance issues on the forum, some users have received unkind and unhelpful responses from community members. The way I see it, we should all have a spirit of kindness here, encouraging and assisting one another as we communicate about a very helpful service that has provided much value to its members over the years.

I have already filed support reports for this issue but I am posting it here as well in hopes that reading my issue may assist other members in the AS community who may be encountering similar trouble today.

Initially, when on my Mac, I received the following error message when unsuccessfully attempting to set up a new snipe: Cannot locate this item. Since I do not usually eBay from my Mac, I switched to my PC. Same result, with a different error returned: Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error.

I'd appreciate any insight others may have into this issue, especially what is causing it and when it is expected to be resolved.

Thank you.