Skip to main content

Hi Community,

It has recently been brought to our attention that many customers are experiencing some odd behavior when using the Auction Sniper website, which we believe to be a result of changes that have taken place on eBay's end. Many customers have reported receiving error messages stating items have already ended when trying to add snipes on active listings or receiving errors when clicking the "Modify" button next to any of their snipes. Others have reported that the "Update Snipes" button is not working properly as well.

Our engineering department is currently investigating these problems and we will have this issue resolved as soon as possible. I will post further updates to this thread when additional information becomes available. Thanks for understanding.

-Mike
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

We implemented a fix to account for the issues described above at about 8:30 PM PT last night, but we have started to receive several reports from customers stating that snipes are being placed early in many cases. Our engineering team is in the process of investigating these reports and we will have this problem resolved as soon as possible.

I will post further updates on this issue to this thread when additional information becomes available. We apologize for any inconveniences this issue may be causing and we appreciate your patience while we deal with this difficult set of circumstances.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - I just heard back from our technical team and apparently eBay made a change to the way their pages are formatting that broke our code used to pick up the end dates of auctions. We made the necessary changes on our end to prevent this from happening last night, however, there are still a number of active snipes in our system that were added before that fix was put in place that reflect incorrect end dates.

We are running a service to correct the end times associated with any snipes that may currently reflect incorrect end times on the "My Snipes" page. It may take 6-8 hours for this process to complete so, if any of your snipes currently reflect incorrect end times/dates, I recommend canceling those snipes and re-adding them. They should reflect the correct end dates once re-added.

If any of your snipes have already been placed early and you end up being charged snipe fees associated with them after winning the auctions, please let us know, and we will be happy to reverse the charges that were assessed with respect to any snipes that were not executed in the closing seconds of the auctions as normal.

Any additional questions or concerns? Please contact our customer support department by clicking the "File a Support Request" link at the bottom of our help page: http://www.auctionsniper.com/help.aspx

-Mike
Link copied to your clipboard.