Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Is this guy for real?? That's creepy Eek

I actually have a indian stone I believe is cursed .....never thought of selling it on ebay. I'm afraid to touch it!!! Why do I keep it? Well, I found it over 35 years ago.....and like I said now I'm afraid to touch it!! Maybe I could advertise it and they had to come and get it. heh If they ship that board and doll will they be freaking out the shippers!! Woah, I can see the mailman with the box in back talking to him!! Eek Eek

The best things in life are furry....and flowers!
I have never been into things that are cursed... I am more into things that have been or are known to be blessed.

I have a small Baby blanket that has a 100 year history of good deeds and healing.

My mother said it was not just "Mind Over Matter" and entrusted me to provide for its safe keeping. Which I have done.
Cool auction, Lexie! Big Grin Now that you've finally found a seller who'd be willing to ship a haunted widget to you, are you going to bid on it? I can just see Tyler following you around the house dragging a haunted doll.... Razz

If you don't bid on it, maybe I should. I could put it in the yard to see if it scares off the neighbor's cats. I've been trying to find something that'll do that for years. (I'd still like to try one of those Tasmanian devils. I wonder how big of a fit the folks at the airport would throw if I tried to import a few?)

Have you seen the movie Dogma? One of the characters is a fallen angel named Bartelby who thinks he's found a legal loophole to get into heaven. I saw it the other week and noticed the name. Big Grin

They say that bad luck is supposed to happen to people who steal petrified wood from the petrified forest. The only way to stop all the bad luck is to return it. There's lots of petrified wood around and I have a big chunk of it (not stolen!) but haven't noticed anything. Maybe it has to be stolen to work. Eek

--Christine

Last edited {1}
I dont think Tyler's Dad would be comfortable with Tyler dragging around a haunted Doll. Confused Its not the Haunted part that would bother him, its the DOLL part. Razz

Oh a little Tazzie Devil would sure fix up all the cats in the neighborhood. Your post*person* would get the fright of his life too.... "Thats one strange dog you have there lady!"

Pity you dont have kids, they could take him to school for *show n tell* - do you guys have that??

quote:
Have you seen the movie Dogma?

Wink Thats where my Bartelby comes from.

I havent heard the thing about petrified wood. My boss has some on his desk, maybe thats what his problem is.

He will be unbearable after this week, he is away Rallying (Racing) his Porsche and is the Outright Winner so far.

Lexie
Your boss owns a Porsche? Hey, if he's that rich, he should give you a HUGE raise!!!

Most young kids will pick up and drag anything around...but I see your point about your husband. Boys play with dolls, too, but you're supposed to call them action figures to be politically correct. I think it's a male thing.
Roll Eyes

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that...imagine those Tasmanian devils trying to eat the poor guy who's bringing those eBay widgets I sniped.... But maybe they won't be hungry by the time he makes his rounds. Not with all these cats. Oh, well. The dog barks at him. What's a few more?

They do have show and tell around here, but I don't have kids. The school might get a little cranky about a pet Tasmanian devil in class, but then, show and tell is supposed to be about seeing new things, so they'd have nothing to complain about. Cool Besides, the little critters are kind of cute.

I hope we figure out why. I don't want to use the downstairs until we do. It doesn't make sense tho. When it rained 12 inches last year the neighbors all had wet basements. Well, not all of them but several. But we were absolutley dry. Last night it rained only a couple inches and we are the ones with water!! We live in the country with our own well and septic. This water had to come up from the drain the goes under and around the house and then out to the road. ????? any body out there know? The clean up guy said something about the ground still being frozen except for just next to the house so the water all ran down next to the foundation. We have extra wide overhang and rain gutters so the water wasn't running off the roof. But that doesn't explain why the drain suddenly opened up and the water drained in a matter of minutes. Frown

Last edited {1}
Think of a rock cliff and a waterfall..kind of what sounds like happened. The water was on the frozen ground with no place to go except toward the house and the thawed ground and then down. It probably built up fast around the foundation and with nowhere for it to drain off, it seeped inside probably through the floor drain. We had it happen one time and it forced it's way in through the basement shower drain! We ended up plugging it!

I never know what to think of things like that. I find myself feeling sorry for her, even though I have never really cared for her.

Apparently, by acting on a tip from an insider with prior knowledge, she defrauded the other investors. If that is theft, she ought to make restitution, certainly. No one is above the law. Yet I do think the law is often applied inequitably.

I also think there is a difference between crimes against property and crimes against persons. It's when the REAL bad guys get off easy that I become upset. A murderer should get more than a few years prison sentence.
...faith in the US injustice system! Since all the principles in Enron have NOT had as severe an outcome to their misdeeds as Martha, it is a total miscarriage of justice! In my opinion, the prosecutor wasn't out for justice -- just out to make a name for himself! Makes me sick to think about!

Jabbergah                                                  
I agree that everyone would have been better off if Martha Stewart had only had to make restitution, i.e., repay her ill-gotten gain from the trade, plus fines and penalties. She'd have been financially punished for a financial misdeed, but not put in the stocks for public amusement. The other investors would actually have gotten money to replace what she supposedly took from them,and the taxpayers would not have spent a bundle on a lengthy trial and then prison.

Hey, I'm going to be supporting Martha Stewart! That's just not right!

Anyway, it reminds me of the French Revolution (only without blood). The Have-Nots can get really gleefully ugly when the chance finally comes to get revenge on the Haves. Martha Stewart was the epitome of rich white aristocracy, and they dragged her to the guillotine in the town square.

I was born a Have-Not and followed in my family's footsteps for many years before I figured out that we do not live in a feudal system, that somebody having theirs doesn't mean I can't have mine, and that if I don't have a big enough piece of pie, I can bake my own! It is not a zero-sum game! I finally fought my way out of poverty into solid middle class (maybe upper-middle if I stay off ebay and keep my own money), and I say Good Going! to Martha or anybody else who makes a success of it. Her being rich never made me poor.

Our legal system doesn't seem to treat people at either extreme of the socio-economic spectrum very justly.

Ooops. I'm rambling again. Please, Somebody! Stop me before I write again!
...of "ill-gotten gain"!?! Yeah, that's what all this crap was about! She had 3900 shares of that pharmaceutical stock. She sold it at $58/share supposedly on inside information. The next day the bad info on the company came out and the stock opened at $45. So if she would have sold the stock the same day everyone else was dumping the stock, she would have received $51,000 LESS. Wowee!! What a criminal! And for this she should get jail time??!? Give me a break!

Jabbergah                                                  
Last edited {1}
...for $34 with no bids in last few minutes. I guess the snipers on this forum don't go for that kind of stuff, huh? Wink Doll goes in next 10 minutes. If you check out the seller's other items, he now has a magic wand & necklace up for bid! He also has some clothing available which have NO magic in them! Confused

Jabbergah                                                  
Hey, I have an idea! Maybe Martha Stewart could just do community service -- at my house. She could do time by doing $51,000 of cooking and decorating around here. My family would enjoy some gourmet fare and beautiful ice sculpture centerpieces.

Well, actually, my kids would probably just hack the ice sculptures up to put in their iced tea, and I don't think I can find space for all her staff and film crew.

Still - it's a thought!
Last edited {1}
...for $27 w/no bids in last 3 minutes of auction. Lexie didn't get there in time. I think the doll is crying again because she went so cheap! Roll Eyes

I think I'll list a "haunted head"! Yeah, I'll get one of those styrofoam heads women have for wigs. Then I'll get one of those long vibrators, turn it on, and stick it inside the head. The tricky part will be fixing (or un-fixing!) the vibrator so that the battery connection is poor so it will turn itself on/off on a random basis! Big Grin LOL! Another tricky thing will be shipping it without it being pulled and blown up by a bomb squad! Roll Eyes Razz

Jabbergah                                                  
quote:
And just how do you know about such things Jabber?
They're in this "Dr.Leonard's" mail order catalog I get. Don't know how I got on the mail list. This catalog has all sorts of stuff including "waterproof incontinence pants" and shoes with velcro closures instead of laces! They even have accordion wallets too, but too pricey. Wink

Jabbergah                                                  
...Great story, littlebit! Big Grin Did things get sorted out and your sister get calmed before the security did something dumb? Luggage and packages with buzzing devices inside HAVE been blown up by bomb squads. "OVERREACTION" seems to be the rule of thumb in these post 9-11 days. Roll Eyes

Jabbergah                                                  
Lexie posted:
quote:
....Funnier still was the fact that the elder gentleman who found it picked it up and was examining it as he didnt know what it was.
I'm sure his co-workers educated him on the item, accompanied with much laughter! Roll Eyes Wonder if that thing looks like a stick of dynamite in the x-ray machine?

Jabbergah                                                  
quote:
I'm sure his co-workers educated him on the item, accompanied with much laughter! Wonder if that thing looks like a stick of dynamite in the x-ray machine?

Yes apparently the young fella working with him nearly pee'd his pants he was laughing so hard. When the identity was whispered in his ear, the ole bloke dropped it like a hot cake. I have no clue what it looks like on the xray machine.

This is the same girl who had the *hair* problem Jabber.

Lexie
Littlebit posted:
quote:
PS - I know I'll be sorry I asked, but what is this accordian thing?
Actually sort of a long story, but I'll try to give a readers digest version. Lexie might get mad at me sharing a private joke of sorts.

I was looking for <<THIS>>

I found LOTS of <<THESE>>

Oddly enough, a few things like <<THIS>>
and <<THIS>>

popped up, which I had never hear of. The last seller had some rather curious listings with <<THIS ONE>> really striking Lexie & me funny/creepy!!

Thus our strange obsession with "accordion" talk & "hands"! Eek Roll Eyes

It might be one of those "you had to have been there" things! Roll Eyes

Jabbergah                                                  

[This message was edited by Jabbergah on March 05, 2004 at 09:57 PM.]

[This message was edited by Jabbergah on March 05, 2004 at 09:59 PM.]
Last edited {1}
I find this kind of stuff being sold on ebay as really weird!! I was checking the feedback of the original item in this thread which led me to this buyer. Check out the prices these things are getting!!!! Eek
auction # 2986752184

I don't want to mention the "thing" again and get it mad, but with my ruptured disc and flooded basement since the last time I did......maybe I'll sell that thing on ebay real fast!!!! Eek Eek Eek

Last edited {1}
...this item? <<MAGIC WAND>>

Well I sent an e-mail to the WINNING bidder, and even got a reply!?! Eek

I sent: "Hi! Saw you won the 'magic wand'. Did you get any tingles or warmth up your arm from it? - g"

Reply: "It has vibrations. I have a cystal cat that you can really feel the energy."

Takes all kinds! Buyer seems happy with purchase!

Jabbergah                                                  
...I read the description of the doll from the cemetary shed. Wow! Can you imagine finding an old doll in a shed, dusting it off, and getting several $100 for it?!? Eek Doesn't sound very UNLUCKY to me! Roll Eyes

You need to write up an imaginative description for your item! Who knows how many $100's it will bring!? Eek

Jabbergah                                                  
Last edited {1}
...interesting stories! Eek

<DUCK>

<Changing Picture?!?> Check seller's other listings.

<Good Haunting?>

<IceCreamBox>

<Haunted Bottle>

This is like sitting around a campfire telling spooky stories! Wink

Oh yeah, there are a lot of "psychics" that are selling time to talk to them on the phone -- they'll call you! I'm holding out for the psychic that will call me WITHOUT me providing my phone number! Big Grin

Q: How do real psychics greet each other?
A: "Your fine, how am I?"

Big Grin

Jabbergah                                                  
Puppy, that sure does seem like a label deal too good to be true! I went ahead & sprung for a packet, too. I'll wait to see what comes before committing to any more, although 1600 sheets is quite a generous supply! Just for comparison, my latest Quill Office Supplies catalog offers a Quill brand 2 labels/sheet item at $35.96/100 sheets! Eek Not including shipping!

If HALF of the sheets are bad, it would STILL be a better deal than Quill!

I'll report back when they come....

Jabbergah                                                  
quote:
Sorry for the short notice, but here is a GREAT buy on shipping labels.
(I just found it)

1600 sheets (3200 labels) for 9.99 AND FREE SHIPPING!

Only 30 minutes till end... >Click Here<

Ok, this is almost scarey!! I ordered these and they arrived already today!!! Eek

There is a label over a "return to sender, did not order" tag. And I believe if I'm understanding the labels that they are UPS stock. But anyway, I don't care! I think I got a real good deal. I can't try them out yet because my puter/printer is down from the "flood". They are a little lighter weight than what I had before but I see no problem there. As long as they stick!!

...Thanks for the report on the labels! I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm looking forward to getting them -- maybe Saturday?? If I like them, I may get another pack or 2. Because shipping is included in the price, there is no advantage to batching purchases to save shipping, which is nice.

I can't believe you didn't try peeling & sticking one of the labels to see if they stick! Wink

Jabbergah                                                  
...I'll tell you for sure when I get them, but YES, as I understand it there are TWO labels (8.5x5.5 inches) on each 8.5x11 inch page of label stock. That's what I ordered them for! Since YOU talked me into printing off my USPS shipping labels on my printer! Wink

Speaking of the USPS label program, when printing off a label for an item on ebay, one can use Paypal. If one tries to print off a label for an item NOT on ebay, you must use a credit card?!? Paypal option not available? At least that was the way it was for me. Did I miss the Paypal feature or is that the way the site currently works?

Jabbergah                                                  
Sorry I didn't stick around last night....I was sooooo tired Razz
Yes these are the ones that will work with the usps site. I did peel one up and it's sticky Big Grin I'll go stick one on a box and see what happens. YUP! Good adhesion Big Grin
They come from Wallace paper co. and the inside packages say UPS label # etc. I got them so quick because they came from Bolingbrook IL, only a couple hours away. Maybe this guy is selling them for UPS? Well, I don't care!! A good deal is a good deal!! heh I might even buy more while the sale is on.

Jabber .....I use a link from USPS and never pay for printing the label. Is that what you were referring to with the credit card? Even delivery confirmation is free there.I'll try to find a link and post it. (I have to go steal it off my hubby's puter, haven't been able to slow down the visiting comp. tech to fix mine Roll Eyes)

Last edited {1}
No, MG he knows about that. He was asking if he is on the My Ebay page and wants to print and pay postage for something other than Ebay and NOT pay for it from paypal, I think. Of course you can click on any of the buttons and change the address , then print postage there and pay via paypal. I usually don't. If it is not Ebay, I go directly to the USPS site. Keeps my bookeeping straight. In that case, he needs to post a credit card with USPS.

Last edited {1}
Mrs M...Do you ever wonder if you are paying too much for postage that way? I have a very good scale, but I find if it's measuring right on the pound that the PO will charge for the next rate. Frown So if I printed my own postage I might be underpaying. Or overpaying if I bumped it up and they didn't. Confused

Last edited {1}
...the full report, MG! Wink Sounds likes the labels are good quality being made available at below wholesale price! Mrs.M, you''re right about the cost being LESS than/comparable to the price of paper!
quote:
They come from Wallace paper co. and the inside packages say UPS label # etc. I got them so quick because they came from Bolingbrook IL, only a couple hours away. Maybe this guy is selling them for UPS? Well, I don't care!! A good deal is a good deal!!
Agreed! I just hope the guy isn't STEALING them from UPS & selling them on ebay! Eek Stolen goods sold on ebay has been done before! Then we'll ALL be charged w/possession of stolen goods! Eek Perhaps this lot of labels has been rejected by UPS for some reason.
quote:
heh I might even buy more while the sale is on.
Me too! Wink
quote:
Jabber .....I use a link from USPS and never pay for printing the label. Is that what you were referring to with the credit card?
Yes, when you print the label off ebay, you may pay postage with Paypal which I've come to prefer. When you pay the postage directly off the USPS site, Paypal payment isn't an option -- credit card only.

MG, another question -- how were the labels shipped? UPS or USPS?

Jabbergah                                                  
Uggggg, I sent the shipping assistant link from my hubby's puter downstairs to my laptop....it's still not here!! Wonder where in the world it went!! Confused I wouldn't use the paypal site to just print labels if they are charging you for it,especially when it's free from USPS. Sheesh!! (figures ....it's ebay)
Here, I just google searched it (duhhh Roll Eyes)

shipping assistant
Last edited {1}
...you're right about the other USPS shipping methods becoming available. I noticed that yesterday. Odd thing, the particular package I was shipping -- the difference in cost between Parcel Post & Priority Mail was only $0.10?! Eek And that was WITHOUT confirmation! Stayed with the Priority.

Jabbergah                                                  
quote:
from Puppy
Oh !!

You can now print first class mail (and other) from PayPal! This is new... Right?

Priority mail is still free (except for the postage), but there are fees to print labels for first class mail. Delivery Confirmation is 0.13 plus a 0.20 label processing fee.

I was referring to this. Seems like a processing fee is silly when you are doing it yourself!! heh

Oh my gosh!! I need more coffee, this is getting too confusing!! Wink I better just stick with what I'm used to using. Most of my items are between 3 and 7 lbs. Adds up fast for that weight. Maybe if I order tons of labels I will get busy selling. Roll Eyes I need you all to yell at me every day!!

Puppy, yes, I had fogotten that. The confirmations are free if you print from the site. Smile

On my auction, I charge a flat 5.75 anywhere in the US, priority with confirmation. If it goes to the eastern side of the States, it cost me less, to the west, it is exact. This way, I recoupe the cost of the bubble packs along the way! I ship as soon as they pay and of course, it is daytime. They have it in a couple of days. Makes very happy customers! Wink

So I should just offer it? My items are small, but CAN be very expensive. Some 800-$1000. Most wouldn't want that sticking out of their mailbox or laying on the floor of an apartment building all day with nobody home.

UPS leaves stuff all the time with no signature, but post office has NEVER done that! They won't even let a neighbor sign for it here.

Last edited {1}
Boy, they do here! You said $100.00, that is not 1000.00! I think for something that high I would send it overnight , insured, signature! I say that because it is so small! Things at the 100.00 level, I would send , confirm, and insure. Even Fedx leaves things and I don't sign...including leaving something at a wrong address that the guy will not return!

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.