Skip to main content

I recently lost 2 auctions.

On the first loss the message reads "did not win"
no other information. The winning bid was for less than my max. however my lead time was only 5 seconds. I'm pretty sure my bid didn't get through. I readjusted my lead time to 10 second and bid on a similar item. I lost again this time it reads "out sniped". The confirmation states my bid was place with 22 seconds to go. That left enough time for someone to get in behind me. What happened?

Item #3060156790

Thanks
Original Post
The auction ended at exactly 6pm. That's a peak time. Snipes generally need to have 30 second lead times when they end on an hour because of an overload of sellers that end their auctions then and eBay clogs up.

The other snipe wasnt accepted by eBay. The 5 second lead time was fine. We snipe from 4 locations in California. When a snipe doesnt make it almost always means eBay wasnt able to accept any bids at that moment. We dont know why, it just happens sometimes. Usually once a day for a few seconds here or there at totally random times. I check all these auctions and I've yet to see one that has been sniped, when ours have failed to make it. So it seems it's not just us that cant get in the bids, but anyone, even manual snipers bidding right on eBay.

You can get free snipes for the unknown snipe result: http://www.auctionsniper.com/freeSnipes.aspx
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.