Skip to main content

Hi,

I have been an auction sniper for some time now and mostly I have no complaints at all. However, 2 days ago I had a snipe set to go in the middle of the night and when I woke the next morning, the auction had finished, the item sold for less than my snipe had been and the winner was someone else. Why or how did my snipe not activate? This has actually happened before but this time it was an item I really needed and it went for far less than I was willing to pay to someone else. Not only did I not win the auction, but my bid was not even placed so giving me no chance at all. If I had missed out because my bid was not high enough, fine, my problem. As it is, not fair and not happy.

Tizzanne
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Resolution: eBay Help Desk reports that there was a problem on their side resulting in many users' PayPal-account -to-eBay-account linkages being reset accidentally . This occurred approximately April 30, 2008. Bids placed by proxy bidding services, such as AuctionSniper on eBay listings having PayPal as the only accepted form of payment would be refused, resulting in 'BLOCKED BY SELLER' messages. This message is found in the 'Confirmation' tab of the AuctionSniper listing after the failure of the bid.
The fix is a one time re-establishment of the PayPal account linkage in the user eBay profile. To do this fix: 1. Go to 'My eBay.' 2. In 'My eBay Views' at left, click on 'Addresses' under the 'My Account' heading. 3. Click on the 'View all shipping addresses' link. 4. Under the heading 'About addresses,' there will be a button labeled 'Add PayPal addresses.' Click on this button. This will restore the linkage between your eBay and PayPal accounts. 5. To verify resolution, re-execute steps 1-4 and under 'About addresses' you should see 'PayPal address'...'linked to your PayPal account'...
Best regards.
Nope, the primary reason is they didn't respond to a support ticket. Second, I don't know if I believe it was an eBay problem. In the 6 years I've been on eBay, I never had such a problem when not using a sniper service. Out of about a dozen attempted snipes wiht AS, I had 3 problems (that I can recall). I don't feel comfortable using AS. Adding a middle man to the process only widens the door to possible problems.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.