Skip to main content

Just wanted to make sure I get my snipe in for a wed this week.   Has Covid caused people to missed bids due to increased lag?   I usually have 9 second lead but increased it to 12 seconds.   Is that enough?

Also what If I placed a bid on a item on Ebay and I happen to be the high bidder then also set up a snipe on auction sentry.   Would my snipe even be placed?

Say its set for 12 seconds and someone places a high bid at 6 seconds on ebay.  Would auction sentry not bother to send my snipe seeing I am already the high bidder?

Thanks!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hello Bobbyj -

We have not encountered any trends where you would need to adjust your lead time as a result of Covid.  We continue to successfully place snipes with lead times as low as 3 seconds without difficulty.

Please note that Auction Sentry has been discontinued for several years, but Auction Sniper will place bids as they are set up in your account and if you win for less than the Max Bid of your snipe (so your Snipe record shows the You Won! status) we assess the snipe fee as usual - we do not recommend having a snipe set up on an item where you are manually bidding on eBay.  Our service does not monitor eBay in a way where it would note your existing eBay bid, so if you place a bid on eBay, please cancel your snipe with us.

- Craig

Hello,

You are posting in the forum for Auction Sniper, which is a different service that is fully operational.

Auction Sentry was owned by the same organization that owns Auction Sniper and when the Desktop utility known as Auction Sentry became no longer operational due to changes made on eBay, the account holders of Auction Sentry accounts were referred to Auction Sniper, which is wholly web based.

- Craig

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.