Skip to main content

Smile

It took me over 5 years to have enough "trust" to even use eBay, but as a vinyl collector, I am running out of options.

After losing a bid due to inability to be online for much of the time lately, a friend referred me to AS - and I wish she could have earned more than 3 freebies because of it, lol!

I could not be happier with AS. In just a month, I have won some incredible, wonderful LPs and singles that I would not have were it not for AS!! Big Grin

And following my friend's recommendation, I have a 3 second lead time and it has never failed me once (except when my max bid wasn't high enough).

Can you tell how freakin' happy I am? Razz

Thank you for offering such a worthwhile service!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I find it an essential tool if you are a serious collector of anything!

However:
If the Record is a vital one to your collection. Then a manual bid say a few minutes before the end - just in case eBay hangs - is a sound precaution. Bid just enough to tip the existing one if you have placed the maximum with AS and then perhaps another one in the last 30secs - just in case (Only done this twice in three years)

Secondly three seconds is far too short (and will be ignored anyway on Sunday - see frequent posts here). Just bid your max & set it to about 10secs. Why - don't risk losing a bid due to delays on the internet - far better to risk a manic (& he'd have to be!) manual bidder as they are far rarer than common eBay delays that might prevent your bid from being placed

Paul
Chatter,

Funny you should mention Walter Schirra, just this week finished a book by Andrew Smith entitled "Moondust - in search of the men who fell to earth"

Fascinating account of what they were doing in the early 2000s.

If you are interested in their lives after they left the Moon programme, its worth getting hold of a copy. One the reviews said "When Andrew Walker set out to write Moondust, three of the twelve moonwalkers had already died. He has given himself the task of talking to the rest before they too went into eternal silence"

Paul

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.