Skip to main content

I've used Sniper for 3 free trys and now been happy to pay for the service. I won 2 items on ebay last night and recieved email confirmation of my success this morning. However, I also appear to have recieved an outbid notice on an ebay item I do not know anything about?? It askes me to click here to up the bid.
I'm used to getting bogus ebay emails trying to get my details but what concerns me is that I used a different email address to sign up for Auction Sniper and have not used it for anything else. That means to my mind that the information must have been leaked from here. Of course the other explanation is that I have been sent it genuinley by mistake????
Has anyone else had this?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi there. I hope you don’t mind me being informal and calling you A16NS. For the last 6 or 8 weeks, AS has been having some sporadic bug that has been messing up auction information (description, price, end times) for snipes. This may be what you are experiencing. There are several recent threads about this in the “Auction Sniper Support” forum.

The good news – it’s not likely a security problem; the bad news – snipes have a very (very) small chance of getting placed too early (it’s been reported on this forum as days early, not seconds). This problem may have been resolved, but only support has that information. Before you report this to the ebay spoof link provided by Shirl, you might want to check with AS first. It just may be a legitimate email from AS, just using the wrong auction information.
I keep getting Emails telling me that I've been outbid on items I've nerer heard of, let alone bid on, usually in a foreign country's Ebay site. The number is the same as a number I'm bidding on in the US site, but the item is completely different.

In this mornings episode of this continuing saga, I received the following notice:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Auction Sniper Outbid Notification
eBay Item: Deutsches Reich Zeugnisheft des Jungvolkes 1943
(Item # 6618774835)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your maximum bid is EUR15.51. The current minimum bid is EUR20.00 with left before the auction ends.

In order to win this item, you will need to increase the amount of your maximum bid. Click here to increase the amount of your bid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The item referenced seems to be a WWII era Nazi book on German Ebay... What I was sniping on was a meteroite on US Ebay. Perhaps this is why so many snipes "don't fire". It sure as heck is confusing!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.