Skip to main content

Hi Community,

The colocation where our servers are housed is currently experiencing some technical difficulties that has caused the Auction Sniper website and services to be unavailable. We have brought this to their attention and they are apparently working on the problem, but they have been unable to give us an ETA as to when this issue may be resolved to this point.

I will post further updates on this situation to this thread as additional information becomes available. Thanks for understanding.

-Mike
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi Community,

Update - We still haven't been able to get any information from our colocation that would indicate how much longer this problem will take to get resolved, so we're still in the dark as far as knowing how much longer the Auction Sniper website and services will be unavailable.

I will post further updates on this situation to this thread as additional information becomes available. I was just inclined to make this post to let you all know we're monitoring the situation and will do our best to keep you updated.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - We just heard back from a representative at our colocation and it sounds as though this issue will be resolved within the next hour or so. I will post again to this thread as soon as I am able to confirm that this problem has been resolved, and that the Auction Sniper website and services are available once again.

If you come back to the Auction Sniper website in a little while and you are able to log-in to your account, that will indicate that the problem discussed in this thread has since been resolved. Therefore, once you are able to log-in to your account, any snipes that you add after that point or that are still scheduled should be executed successfully.

Thanks for understanding. I’ll follow up on this thread once the Auction Sniper website and services are up and running once again.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Since it's been more than an hour since I made my last post to this thread, I just want to let you all know that we are currently in talks with our colocation and they are giving us the impression that this outage will be resolved shortly. since my last estimate was obviously incorrect, I'm hesitant to post another estimate as to when the Auction Sniper website and services will be available once again, but I'll certainly update this thread once this issue has been resolved.

Thanks for understanding. I’ll follow up on this thread once the Auction Sniper website and services are up and running once again.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - I just received some additional information from our technical team and, while I'm pleased to report that we are moving closer to getting this issue resolved, unfortunately, it now sounds like it will probably be a few more hours before the Auction Sniper website and services are available once again, most likely somewhere around three.

I’ll post again to this thread is anything changes, or when the Auction Sniper website and services become available. Thanks for understanding.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Update - I am pleased to report that this issue was finally resolved at about 9 PM PT yesterday evening, so the Auction Sniper website and services are available once again. If you are still receiving a message stating the site is unavailable when you visit the site, you may just need to flush your DNS resolver cache. This can be done via the following process:

Windows:

1) Select "Run" from the Windows "Start" menu.
2) Enter "cmd" in the ensuing field and click "OK".
3) Then, in the black DOS window, type "IPCONFIG /flushdns" and press the "Enter" key.

Mac OS:

1) Open a terminal window on your local machine.
2) Within the prompt, type lookupd –flushcache
3) Once you run the command, your DNS resolver cache will flush.

We apologize for any inconveniences this problem has caused. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our customer support team by completing the web form on the following page: http://support.auctionsniper.com/

-Mike
Link copied to your clipboard.