Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

"What are you having for dinner?" - Not sure.

"What kind of books do you like?" - Lots of stuff. Reading "The Caine Mutiny".

"What movie are you gonna watch?" - It will be either "Dawg" or "Cher: The Farewell Tour".

"Dont want to know about the bathroom so much!!" - Well, OK, but it's one of the highlights of my day.

"Sleep - eh? - whats that?" - Appears one looses that option when they have a baby. Doesn't hubby take turns?

I recently watched "Kangaroo Jack" and "Holes". I think they were Australian. I liked them.
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally Posted by Rick:
"Sleep - eh? - whats that?" - Appears one looses that option when they have a baby. Doesn't hubby take turns?

Tyler couldnt scream loud enough to wake him to take turns Eek

quote:
Originally Posted by Rick:
I recently watched "Kangaroo Jack" and "Holes". I think they were Australian. I liked them.

Kangaroo Jack - well kinda Australian I guess.

If you ever see Aussie movies called *Cracker Jack* or *The Bank* - well worth a look. Cracker Jack will reveal a bit more of the Aussie Warped Sense of Humour. The Bank is just an interesting concept. Glad you didnt judge Aussie movies by the dreaded *Crocodile Dundee*!!!!!!

I havent heard of *Holes*.

posted October 18, 2003 03:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bartelby:
Its not a SHE!!! is it??

I can't tell.

Oh, Rick, of course you can tell...he's throwing a fit isn't he? LMAO!!!!!!

Lexie,

If I figure this right, when the time changes we in the States will set our clocks back one hour and you will set you clocks ahead one hour. That means the gap between our times will increase by 2 hours. That means if you use to show up between 2 PM and 4 PM ebay time, you will be showing up between 4 PM and 6 PM ebay time?
Last edited {1}
I found out some things that at least to me are interesting. If you write to sniper support, they cannot help you with anything in this forum.(per Michael) The reason is, this forum is being run by a completely different company that does not employ them!

Michael W.
Support Posted Saturday, October 18, 2003, 4:02:24 PM
Frankly, I don‘t know. The Chat Forum is a separate area for you folk, and I don‘t check it personally. That‘s what this support board is for.

Since it‘s run by a separate company, and they allow you to do it---

Last edited {1}
Good morning, Mrs. M,

Have a few things to play with today, so will be in and out.

Billie and Squeaky,

Hope you're having/had a good weekend.

Lexie,

Maybe Tyler will be benevolent and let you sleep in. Two kittens? Just what you need to round out you're hectic schedule. But, two are probably a good idea, in that they will use up their energy playing with each other.

Hi Christine,

Keep grinding away at that degree.
Last edited {1}
Oh Mrs M - I whinge alot. But I like my job, the other thing this place was in a mess before I started here and I have straightened it out Smile Also my boss is a long time friend (which can be good and bad) but it would break his heart if I left. Just sometimes I need to vent about his *me me ME ME!!* attitude. As I have said previously - he is like a second (and very unwanted) husband.

Oh and I hope you didnt think I was sounding snotty at you and Rick chatting LOL. I thought you 2 probably had each other on messenger anyways.

"Yawn.....blink....Hello everyone".

I've surfaced briefly from a sea of work. This week is going to be a bit grim - too much to do and not enough time to do it in, plus aggro with relatives. Add to that aggro from friends (with friends like these, who needs enemies!) and I hope that you will understand that I may be a little quiet this week.

I expect the highlight of the week will be Friday, when all being well we will be introducing Volk to the Facts of Life in the hope of producing some mini-Volks. I really can't see him getting the idea, especially since the young lady involved is apparently quite a feisty sort. He's not the "sweep her off her feet" kind of a dog that I think will be required!

SS

I am sure you would have the same over there....but we have Pre Paid Shipping/Postage Bags - you can put up to a certain weight in them. Ours are $4.30 for up to 500grams and then $7.90 for up to 3kgs.

For adult clothes I just use those - other than that I do weigh every item as I am listing it and I either work out the postage or just list the item weight so the bidder can work it out themselves.

As for starting prices - if I am sure it will sell well I just start it at $1 and let them go for it. If I am unsure I have a scroll through the actions or search for similar items and decide from there.

I start my adults clothes between $8.50 - 15.50 - and I always use Gallery as there is so much clothes out there you need to give bidders a look. Hence the extra 50cents I add to all start prices. LOL.

Hope that helps...its hard with the USA buyers v's Aussie buyers

Lexie
I am not aware of the bag thing, but that would be nice. I had decided to mail in bags, however, as that is what i use most of the time. She has all thses things with tags still atached and was going to yard sale them. Most are expensive brands, so I think she will do ok. I dread listing all that. Yuck!
btw, galley here is .25
Last edited {1}
Isnt it strange how things go around like that??

It used to be the *in thing* to have curly hair so everybody would go out and spend a fortune on getting their hair permed....

Now its straight hair and people spend a fortune on getting their hair straightened.

I have half-n-half hair...kinda curly - kinda straight (sigh) I wonder when that will come in fashion!!

I have seen girls ironing their hair... Confused I am afraid I am not dedicated to fashion

Lexie
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...now I know what you are on about!!

I remember you saying about that book the other day but I had no idea who "Queeg" was.

I used to read heaps and even more when I was pregnant - now - I have just finished the book I started the week before I had Tyler.

I get to read about 10 pages a nite if I can keep my eyes open that long.

Lexie
I have broad tastes in books...at the moment I am reading the serious *through the stones* by Dianne Gabaldon.

I love books set in Africa, horrors, adventure and some classics. I dont like mindless romances but I dont mind a story that has a hint of romances.

I dont like war stories.

Fav Authors:
Bryce Courtney
Beverly Harper
Jilly Cooper
Richard Laymon

We have been talking about reading to Tyler but havent found the ideal time yet.

Lexie
Well, now I've learned something - where the character Queeg came from.

I came across the name in an episode of Red Dwarf. It depicted a tyrannical martinet of a Ship's Computer who made life hell for the crew but turned out to be an April Fools day jape by Hollie, the actual Computer.

"We are talking April, May, June, July and August fools....."

GG
Hi Lexie. How's life at work? The other day someone came into my office. He'd been watching cartoons and he wanted to know if I knew if there really is such an animal as a Tazmanian devil. And I was picturing rows of your little jumping tazzes....
Hi Rick. Between full time work and almost full time school, yes, things can get pretty hectic. It looks like you're doing some "educational" reading, too, with one of the classics.
Hi Mrs. M. and everybody else. Gotta get back to work now. Have a great day!

--Christine
Last edited {1}
Hi Mrs. M.,
The school work really isn't all that difficult. It's the volume that keeps me busy. I'm about a third of the way through and have a 4.0 GPA. That doesn't say much, though. It seems like classes get easier and easier with students knowing less and less with every passing year. It's hard to believe what some of the kids don't know when they graduate. But enough of that rant....
Tomorrow I plan to drive into Flagstaff (about 58 miles--or about 93 km, Lexie Smile ) and use the NAU (Northern Arizona University) library to look up some information. I graduated from there and have a card. It's easier than driving to Tucson (270 miles/435 km) even though that's where I'm enrolled. And, of course, a little bit of shopping is on the agenda. Big Grin
So...I'll talk to you all this weekend. Have a great day!

[This message was edited by fordfalcons on October 22, 2003 at 10:41 AM.]
Last edited {1}
Morning Rick, Mrs M, Christine, Billie, GG, Squeaks and anybody else who may be lurking Smile

Christine - Thank you for the metric conversions Razz hope the retail therapy goes well.

Oh here is a real tassie devil strange little fella's really.
quote:
The Tasmanian devil (Sarcophilus harrisii) cannot be mistaken for any other marsupial. Its spine-chilling screeches, black colour, and reputed bad-temper, led the early European settlers to call it The Devil. Although only the size of a small dog, it can sound and look incredibly fierce

There used to be a Tasmanian Tiger too - but they were declared extinct in 1986 Frown

Rick - Hurry up and finish that damn book so you can get back in here Big Grin

Better go get ready for work
Have Fun

Lexie

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.