Skip to main content

I have put in as many as 60 snipes in the last 2-3 days. It is painful to watch the results of snipes.

Immediately after the auction is over, I can see a "SNIPE PLACED". However, when I check the ebay auction listing page for the item, i discover that I have lost it, since no bid was placed for me. This has happened SO MANY TIMEs (At least 15) that I am losing faith. I know how to reclaim the spent snipes, but free snipes are not what I want - what i want is for my snipes to go through, at least once!!!

I've used lead times of 5 or greater, always. So why is auctionsniper so weird for me. i opened a support ticket and the guy(or girl) just told me how to reclaim my spent snipes. I started with 3 free snipes, now I have about 13 as a result of claiming snipes after auctionsniper has failed.

Do the pro-users and gurus in these forums have something to help me out with? Smile You guys who use it must know better than some support guys, I guess.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have 13 free snipes. For each snipe that AS messed up on, I get one extra free snipe. So that means that since I started with 3 freesnipes to begin with, at least 10 snipes have failed consequetively. I have yet to win ONCE using auctionsniper.

Beats me as to why AS is so apparently popular. I mean, if I can't win at least once in 10 tries, then what's so great about this service? I might have one at least once using traditional methods of posting my bids at ebay, surely.
quote:
Originally posted by 2fargon:
I have put in as many as 60 snipes in the last 2-3 days.

quote:
So that means that since I started with 3 freesnipes to begin with, at least 10 snipes have failed consequetively. I have yet to win ONCE using auctionsniper.

Hi 2fargon,

What happened on the other 50 snipes?
Rick,

On some (most) the price I set was too low, in a few, the reserve price was not met. I think I have never been outbid -- that is I guess a snipe was placed and someone out-sniped me or something.

Right now, I have stopped deleting my snipes and started archiving them, just so I have a record to speak of. I was in the habit of deleting completed snipes thus far.

(Update: I wonder if, even though I deleted the old snipes, the system admins would have some way of knowing the history of my snipes - which would be useul.)
After some sluething, I found AS report emails in the trash folder of my mail. These are the ones that AS failed on, since Friday 3 AM (Feb 17). As for the others, I don't have anyway of tracing the ebay item number, since my bids were never placed, and I have deleted them from my AS account. Some of these are from today.

The list, then:

(Item # 8259293794)
Seller: gsu_11819
Your Max Bid: US $105.00
Current Item Price: US $77.00

(Item # 8259842721)
Seller: mocop237
Your Max Bid: US $122.00
Current Item Price: US $105.00

(Item # 8259764629)
Seller: ga_dawg03
Your Max Bid: US $107.00
Current Item Price: US $96.00

(Item # 8259125863)
Seller: tjprescott
Your Max Bid: US $95.00
Current Item Price: US $91.00

(Item # 8259085280)
Seller: jason_4049
Your Max Bid: US $102.00
Current Item Price: US $80.00

(Item # 8259602615)
Seller: misc1600
Your Max Bid: US $107.00
Current Item Price: US $102.50

(Item # 8259529610)
Seller: aurora126
Your Max Bid: US $122.00
Current Item Price: US $105.50

(Item # 8259998403)
Seller: d_rae_skribblez
Your Max Bid: US $151.00
Current Item Price: US $142.50

I have copied and pasted these straight from the emails. On a line below this in the email, for all of the above, it says:
_____

Status Summary: Did Not Win
Your snipe did not win because of the reason above

Thanks for trying to help.
quote:
Originally posted by Shirl:
Rick, what is your assesment of the situation? The list doesn't tell me much as I cannot see his/her play in it. It appears at the time I assume the auction was still live.
I didn’t think asking 2fargon for the failed snipes would accomplish anything.

2fargon,

My advice is to work with support on this. They are the best source of information, as they have access to things that aren’t available to forum members. With this number of unsuccessful snipes, something definitely stinks, and it seems to have singled you out with a passion. You might get an AS employee that will only give you a standard, canned response, but this isn’t a standard situation. You definitely can’t continue to place snipes with this kind of failure rate. Obviously, free snipes won't cut it. Keep hounding the support person until you get a satisfactory answer, or change your ID to Imoutofhere. Wink

Good luck
quote:
i got a foo-bar standard response saying it was just random chance. When I said the chances of me missing 10 consecutive snipes with the famous 99.9% success rate was about 1 in 10 billion, another dude told me they have a problem and are working on fixing it. I suppose i have to wait for them to fix the system/software.
2far,

At least you didn’t change your ID. You see that “99.9%” thing a lot. I’m always suspicious when I see that. I wouldn’t question 99.8%, or even 99.918%. It’s just something about 99.9% that gets me to wondering.

This is the last response from support (Sniper Bill) pertaining to the current problem(s):
https://community.auctionsniper.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...251018051#9251018051
As you can see, that’s was almost a month ago.

P.S. I don’’t think it would be 1 in 10 billion. I think it’s 1000 to the 10th power. I'm not even sure the number would fit in a single post.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
P.S. I don’’t think it would be 1 in 10 billion. I think it’s 1000 to the 10th power. I'm not even sure the number would fit in a single post.
Sorry, 2far. That statement is an exaggeration. Not only will the number fit on a single post, but on a single line. With a 99.9% success rate, to have 10 consecutive failures, the odds would be:
1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
(Hopefully someone will check my math. Good thing they didn't say 99.99%)

There is something going on that may be specific to your account (AS or ebay), or you are the unluckiest person in this galaxy. At this point, it might even be rational to develop some conspiracy theories.
Without looking I can already say this is almost for sure a bad bid group. Solution, quit using it and make a new one!

i.e. Don't put another item into that bid group. Make a new one and put it into that one.

Also free snipes are meant to per a per win basis. So obviously it doesn't make sense for us to give 16 free snipes for something like this. I've credited 2 for the item for this bidgroup and removed the rest.

Oh, so I of course went and looked and indeed it was a bid group issue.
Last edited by snipersarab
Actually you have a 100% failure rate because of your corrupt bid group(s). I deleted your two empty bid groups which were causing this issue. Please create a new bid group (or groups). There was an issue with your bid groups (our site was not going to bid on any more items in those groups as it assumed you had a win).

You did the right thing by filling a support case. If you have further issues with bid groups or need a tutorial, please don't hesitate to contact our support.

Bill
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
Also free snipes are meant to per a per win basis. So obviously it doesn't make sense for us to give 16 free snipes for something like this. I've credited 2 for the item for this bidgroup and removed the rest.

Boy now this is some information of general interest that people can really use and benefit from.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.