Skip to main content

45 Seconds is too much! I had set the lead for 10 since it was ending on the hour. Because of the untimely snipe I probably overpaid by $5.00 I would like three free snipes as compensation. Thanks. 3656120872

I was online during the auction close (continually refreshing)and nearly puked when I saw my bid come up 45 seconds before the auction close. I could have done less than five seconds before auction end manually, since I was refreshing my browser every 5 seconds near the close and hadn't any traffic problems. I have dual 21" screens and keep a bid window open and loaded and refresh the auction window.

What is the link again for the three free snipes?

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for taking the time to look up the auction and respond.

jwn-lan bid at 10 AND 3 seconds. Do you think it was two manual snipes? I do. I could have done the same, manually, since the servers were not slow. However,manually, I would have placed just one bid at 5 seconds.

Would jwn-lan had bid less initially, since my bid would have been placed at 10 seconds along with jwn-lan's first 10 second bid. Jwn-lan would not have been aware of another last second sniper.

If my bid had been placed at 10 seconds along with jwn-lan's, would jwn-lan had time to respond?

If you look at jwn-lan's completed auctions, there are other under 5 second bids that jwn-lan placed. I suggest that jwn-lan would have waited till AFTER my 10 second bid, to place his first bid and thus would have been too late to snipe again. But, since I was outed by AS's too early bid, jwn-lan bid earlier in order to be able to snipe a second time.

Sniper Sara B.:Would you please authorize credit for three free snipes? Or you can credit $5.00 to my account. Thanks.

http://www.auctionsniper.com/freeSnipes.aspx

Also, on an unrelated topic, you may want to re-write the text under "Free Snipe Credits" to allow for your now longer recomended lead times.
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Guy:
Thanks for taking the time to look up the auction and respond.

jwn-lan bid at 10 AND 3 seconds. Do you think it was two manual snipes? I do.

[snip]

If you look at jwn-lan's completed auctions, there are other under 5 second bids that jwn-lan placed. I suggest that jwn-lan would have waited till AFTER my 10 second bid, to place his first bid and thus would have been too late to snipe again. But, since I was outed by AS's too early bid, jwn-lan bid earlier in order to be able to snipe a second time.

You are speculating; you have no way of knowing whether the other sniper is using a service or acting manually. The history you cite of under five second bids suggests a service, but again, there is no way to tell.

Apparently you won. Whether or not the other sniper's bid was a reaction to yours or not makes no difference, as either way your bid would have been raised to the winning price. His bid, whether it was placed at 45, 25, 10, 5 or 1 second, raised your bid higher, but you still won. How is it that you think AS owes you free sipes? Confused
quote: How is it that you think AS owes you free sipes?

Since AS was too early, jwn-lan had time to place two bids instead of one.

If AS places a snipe a day early, is that too early? What about an hour early? Is that too early?

What about ten minutes? Is that too early?

What about 45 seconds? Is that too early?

AS must offer free credits when they place snipes too early. They already do it when they are too late!

Thanks for your question.
Sniper Guy, the point is that your bid was raised to the winning amount because someone else bid before the end of the auction. In other words, the other person's bid would have raised your amount, no matter when it was placed! AS did not "cost you" an extra $5; the other person's bid raised it to that level and would have done so, whether the bid was placed at ten or two seconds before the end. Either way, your bid was going to be raised. Eek
Hi,

eBay has been regularly taking more than 30 seconds to snipe such items for the past week.

Sorry but if we dont place it like that it's more likely not make it in time, then you'd lose all together.

While I can see in this case it may have cost you $5 based on the bid history you did still win. It's a major bummer, but based on eBays performance this week without us adjusting your leadtime you would have lost most of the time with a normal lead time. Then we'd have thousands of customers in here pissed that their bid wasnt even placed at all.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.