Skip to main content

Two Enhancement Suggestions

(1)

Best illustrated by example: One seller has two items I'm interested in. They end two hours apart. I want the item that ends first, and have already bid/sniped it. I want the second ONLY if I win the first. I won't be able to get to a computer during the time period these auctions end.

I've been in this situation several times. A "chain" snipe would cover this situation, and I think be easy to program. Snipe the first item in the chain. If won, snipe the second item in the chain. If won, snipe the third item in the chain. Continue sniping items in the chain until the end of the chain is reached or a snipe is lost (i.e. the chain is broken).

It's useless when the item you want "first" ends "last", but that's the way it goes sometimes!

(2)

Best illustrated by example: I recently set up a bidgroup with about 25 identical items, each ending 10 minutes apart. My snipe was the minimum bid. I just wanted to win one of them at the minimum, and I was successful in doing so. Thank you, AS.

I'd like to see the "bid on multiple items" enhanced to accept bidgroups. I had to enter each of the snipes individually, which took up quite a bit of time on my dial-up connection.

Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

On enhancement 2, you could still use “Add Multiple Snipes At Once”. But after the snipes are entered, then on My Snipes, change the folder name to your bid group by checking the box to the left of the snipes and doing a [Move]. You could also use Import Wizard which allows the folder to be set (but only one at a time – so no savings). But, doing it in one step would be sexier.
You just don't know how many times I could have used this in the past and would use it in the future if it does become reality. In fact I have wanted to write to ask for it for a very long time and for some reason I'm just now getting to these boards...go figure. LOL Hope that they do implement the feature, it would be a GREAT help!! In fact I could use it in about half an hour for two auctions. The big one I really want closes first, then a small one that I can take or leave, but since I'm not able to do this, I will sit up late and wait for the first to close to see if I have won, then will make sure the second one is sniped if I have.
I did read the linked post and am keeping my fingers crossed...;-D

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.