Skip to main content

Suggestion: I know bidgroups will stop bidding when you win - how about an only-bid-if-you've-already-won option?

"Hang on", I hear you say, "why would you want that?"...

Well, several times recently I've wanted to buy several things from one person to save on the postage costs - just buying one item doesn't really make it viable.

So, I'd want to make the purchase of one item conditional on already winning another. Hence the title, "anti-bidgroups".

Not sure if it's do-able - let's see what the old pros have to say.

R2
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That’s been suggested in the past (but with R2 behind it, it’s bound to get a closer look). I believe it was called contingency bidding/sniping. If my memory serves, Sara actually liked the idea and was going to add it to the list (I could be wrong, so I’m giving an ample disclaimer). There were issues like what if #1 won, but #2 and #3 didn’t, what to do on #4 (you can mix the variables as good as I can)? It “seems” like everyone thought it was a sexy idea as long as they didn’t have to code it.
Is this a bit like impulse buying though? I almost bought a T that I liked with postage of $15 which was to the extreme, so I checked out the sellers other items and figured I needed to buy another 5 T's that I did'nt really need to justify the postage.......so I used control and said no which is rare for me Wink
quote:
Excellent news - maybe now the programmers can move some of the features (Searches that work, contingency bidding) over to AS where they'll be appreciated...
Good news: Excellent suggestion.
Bad news: Sounds like AS’ searches are still broken.
For-thought news: It seems that the reason BM’s searches were working was due to their using billable API’s from ebay (nothing in life is free).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.