Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
There is a bug that took a lot of attempts to get AS to accept - if someone has already bid as BIDDER1 then it thinks it's a Dutch Auction and sends that message... Obviously it's not been fixed yet...
One: What's your source for that?
Two: That's not the problem reported by lammogliagirl.
Hi Rick,

Thank you so much for trying to help me, I really appreciate it Smile I had to rush off to class but the auction was supposed to end a short while after I left, that's why I had to find a way to snipe it. I got desperate so I ended up using xxxxxxx and thank goodness I won the item! I did write to Customer Support though so thank you for referring me to them. I hope they fix the issue because I like this service and I'm loyal. Thanks again!
Last edited by snipersteve
Hello Community,

Lammogiliagirl, I'm very happy to hear that you won your item and of your loyalty to Auction Sniper. I want you to know that I've been personally looking into this matter.

After reading this thread I have launched two investigations, as there are two different bugs being reported here.

In regards to the eBay.ph auction, I'm curious how you were able to add a snipe Rick. I've been trying to add a snipe on an eBay.ph item, which only ships to the Philippines and have been unsuccessful. Any steps you can provide me with so I can reproduce this would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the "BIDDER 1" issue, I haven't been able to reproduce this either. R2 if you come across an auction where you notice this in the bidding history, will you please send me the item number? I've spoken to our lead engineer and he is not aware of this bug.

I'm wondering if it's specific to certain international listings, because I can't seem to post a US eBay listing which displays the above mentioned bid history.

Thanks in advance for your help in these matters as I would like to see both of them resolved as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Steve
Auction Sniper Product Manager
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Steve:
As far as the "BIDDER 1" issue, I haven't been able to reproduce this either. R2 if you come across an auction where you notice this in the bidding history, will you please send me the item number? I've spoken to our lead engineer and he is not aware of this bug.
Region2, this is sounding a lot like the phantom “bug” you reported over and over and over and over (near infinity) about your not getting free referral snipes, only to find out you had signed up for the alternative “$5 affiliate program”?

http://community.auctionsniper...831054552#4831054552
quote:
eh? If you're referring to my missing referral 'bug' - it was a bug 'cos AS couldn't resolve it for ages until they eventually spotted what the problem was.

There is also a reported bug where AS 'thinks' an ordinary auction is a Dutch auction when it has at least one bidder.
That’s the region2 I’ve grown to love – deny everything!

quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Steve:

R E G I O N 2,

quote:
There is also a reported bug where AS 'thinks' an ordinary auction is a Dutch auction when it has at least one bidder.

Region2,

Some unresolved business regarding the Dutch Auction “bug” you reported in this thread.

Sniper Steve requested that you supply an example of this “bug”, which so far you haven’t posted.

Sniper Steve also posted this:
“I've spoken to our lead engineer and he is not aware of this bug.”

Have you, region2, sustained any recent head injuries
quote:
Originally posted by region2 on May 20th:
There is a bug that took a lot of attempts to get AS to accept . . . Obviously it's not been fixed yet
Mr. region2,

It’s been over 2 months and you STILL haven’t provided an example of this “bug” of yours. Do you still feel this is a “bug”, or do you at this time believe, as I do, that it’s something else

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.