Skip to main content

We are aware of what is happening.

It's due to the new eBay item page. Since we pull data off of it many things are broken. We are working on getting all of our code to pull things from the new page format and should have the site going again in the next few hours.

All snipes should be firing as planned.

If you do log in please DO NOT USE the update item info button. It wont work, and will only make things worse. I'll post again when I know more.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Posted by support June 07, 2003 10:22 AM

we'll be ready. i'm not sure how much info we grab from those pages but we'll be sure to have it programmed before they change things so that when the change happens we can switch over.

there will probably still be 2-3 days of chaos though because eBay always trickles these changes out just a few of their servers at a time.

the hard part for us is not the change, but the fact that some of their computers have the old page, and some have the new page while they are in the middle of updating.
The My Snipes page should be working again. However, you can not add new snipes right now. We're over half-way done updating to the new eBay pages.

One other note on this... eBay had told us they were switching over on the 9th. Today was actually the day we were already working on switching over to the new eBay format, we just have to work a lot faster now that eBay released the new pages 2 days earlier than we had been told.

We'll keep you posted on how things are going right here.

-Kevin
Confused
why is it that when you just get used to something people have to change their site?
and sometimes just for the sake of a new look rather than improvement!? eBay is screwing up today also, Mad just try to delete something off of your eBay watch list. I have confidence in Auction Sniper that they'll straighten things out.
I'm very happy with the service. Razz
Okay... I may have jumped the gun a little. Some people are having no problems adding snipes, while others are still not able to add snipes. We've now got item numbers in the office for ones that work and don't work, so we should have the ones that don't work fixed shortly.

Thanks for reporting any problems that you have here.

-Kevin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.