Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm afraid I am not fancy wiwth the graphics, but I have a hot freshly-brewed pot of coffee on for anyone who would like a cup!
You're going to have to do a virtual cup the old fashioned way...imagine it! Big Grin

Sorry I was not available last night, it was a L-o-o-o-ng day.

I am so proud of myself. This morning I answered a question for a new member and felt like I actually knew what I was talking about!
Welcome RichB!

How is everyone this morning? Anything new?
I think even in real life, if you join a new group of people, and they have been together for awhile, it is hard to fit in right away, as everyone is so familiar with each other and prior conversations and "in jokes".
A newcomer really has to want to join the group and stick it out for awhile in order to feel comfortable.
I feel that if I keep that in mind with everyone new that I meet, I can purposely try to make people comfortable by explaining things to them so they aren't left trying to figure it out themselves.

Its just being nice! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by rsmiller40:
Question...if I want to place a quote from another post, is there an easy way?
rsmiller40

Click on for the post that you want to quote. Then you can delete what ever text you don't want.

If you make a mistake, you can always click on for your post to change or delete.
Last edited {1}
quote:
Originally posted by bjt:
How do you do somes of that fancy stuff??

Here's how basrah explained it to me:
>>> CLICK ON ME <<<

I haven't found a source for the images. I just go looking thru sites. The coffee took awhile until I found a good picture. It's fun to add some images. When you get some time you can practice of us. If it doesn't work, you can always delete the image. I'm not an expert on this, but let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
You're he best!

Very creative and fun!

I am terribly sorry to have to go, but I really need to go to that darn 'ol job of mine.

I do so enjoy the conversation in the morning - its hard to break away!

I hope to talk with you a bit this evening when I return - if it doesn't get too late.

Have a wonderful day, you two - to anyone else that is "listening in", please join us here tomorrow morning around this same time.
We would really enjoy your company and the coffee is always hot and fresh - just like the conversation!! Big Grin

Have a great day! Smile
Yes, but Rick says he is a writer and may be touring with a book..not sure, but Rick thinks he might be. I took my great grandaughter to an old settlement called Koreshan Unity Settlement. It was established here in SW Fl in 1894. That is very old for here. It was extremely interesting. She is not 3 yet, but did seem to be fasinated.

rsmiller40
Dont ya just lurve it when you get up and find that AS has done an OUTSTANDING job while you have been catching zzzZZZZzzzZZZ!!!!!

2 snipes = 2 wins...YAY AS!!!!!

I have never felt so passionate about *wanting an item* as I did about the one I won last nite. I even broke my own first rule which is "set snipe and walk away"....I must admit I upped my snipe twice....but that said....I am seriously happy Big Grin <<<<see

Ooops and I apologise for that opener....it looks downright ickie Confused
quote:
Bartelby posted: I even broke my own first rule which is "set snipe and walk away"....I must admit I upped my snipe twice....but that said....I am seriously happy

I've done that on occasion myself...and Wink I suspect we are not the only two who have done it.

Anyway, I'm curious...when all was said and done, did upping your snipe win it for you? Or would you have won it with your original bid?

Ooops, almost forgot...double congrats to you!

WarriorNun

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
Last edited {1}
Good Morning to everyone!

I am very happy for you, Bartelby! I just love that feeling of winning an item you REALLY wanted!

I especially enjoy it when the package finally arrives and you carefully unwrap it and dig it out of all thoise pesty packing peanuts.
You set it up and just admire it over and over!

Congrats to you and I agree, YEA for AS!!

-bjt
Well, Bartelby, again congrats...and it goes to show you that sometimes that nagging little voice that tells you to go back and reconsider your max bid is worth listening to!

I have had it go both ways; where I went back and upped it and found that I ended up being the only bidder, but I've also experienced what you did...where had I not upped it, I would not have won.

WarriorNun

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning"
Morning Everybody Big Grin Big Grin

Well my little boy has just cut his first 2 teeth in as many days. Eek Hopefully now I will be able to resume normal sleeping habits and actually function at work.

There is something really really special about the taste of that first cup of Tea in the morning isnt there??? Oh hold on...I am conversing mainly with Americans arent I?? You guys dont drink *hot* Tea do ya??

Ok enuff babble Razz
Good morning to some; Good evening, then good morning to others.

Mrs. M - A couple of days ago you posted, 'playing "devil's advocate"'. That same thing was posted about me a ways back. Was that a happy coincident or have you been reading old posts? (The devil made me do it.)

Ms. Billie - I was very impressed with your post on Tuesday evening regarding Mrs. M.

Lexie - I'm very yankful that you liked the graphics.

Regarding the "*batting eyelids* graemlin": That was a very tough assignment to find just the right Hooters' image. I had to search hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Hooters' sites to find it. Of course, to make sure I didn't miss anything, I search many more hundreds and hundreds and hundreds. It was a strenuous job looking at all those pictures ... but someone had to do it. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Last edited {1}
And Good morning...evening to all of you, also!

No, Rick..I guess our minds just think alike! Actually, maybe I'm on his payroll! Wink RazzBig Grin

Rick, thank you for mentioning Billie's post. Smile
Rick, you told me once that you get your pictures from old posts...NO WAY!! Big Grin Big Grin

rsmiller40

[This message was edited by rsmiller40 on September 25, 2003 at 06:33 AM.]
Last edited {1}
Good Morning, Arvo & Evening.

Very P/C of you Rick!!

Rick - I sincerely appreciate your efforts in my little picture Big Grin I am also quite positive that searching for *hooters* would have proven very ....umm....entertaining.

I quite liked WarriorNun's Poll - Great work - and interesting results.

Mrs. M - My little boy is going to take after me in the talking department I think. Mum says I never shut up once I started and used to follow her everywhere and even stand outside the bathroom door to keep my very one sided conversation going.

Morning R2!!!

Hope I didnt miss anyone

YAY - Its friday again!!! Gee that has come around fast

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.