Skip to main content

My snipe was set for a 5-second lead however I was out bid. Auction scheduled to end at 23:34:15, my snipe executed at 23:34:07 I was out bid at 23:34:09. My snipe executed with 8 seconds to go and theirs with 6 seconds. There were not many bidders (5-6) and the bid traffic was NOT heavy, only two bids in the last few minutes. How was I out bid? Maybe the other bidder had a better sniping program?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
63. What if two or more people snipe the same items at the same time?

Although the probability of this happening is very small, we have developed our software to give bidders an equal chance of winning in all possible cases.

For example: If two bidders are sniping on the same item with the same max bid, and both choose to snipe with just 5 seconds left -- our bidding system will send eBay both bids at the same time.

The rest is up to eBay. The winner will be the bid that eBay received first. We do not have control over which eBay servers we send to, and therefore cannot pre-determine who will win.
Hope this will help too. Smile

rsmiller40
When you say it was not busy, you are looking at just your auction, not the thousands on there that night. AS samples the overall traffic and adds accordingly. Also, if you will read the above, Ebay chooses which is entered first, not AS and perhaps these were both entered for the same time.

rsmiller40
Last edited {1}
Thanks for the info. Looks like I need to read up on the operations of AC. Is there a FAG/info area that might address the issue with timing. I think I understand what you're saying with regard to the overall traffic issue and not just the auction I was interested in. This would dictate the "send" lead time AC uses to insure one at least gets a chance at the item. Again thanks for the info.
If you will go to your snipe page and click on help, perhaps you will see some other helpful hints. I use 8 seconds except busy time such as Sunday, hour,half, quarter. At those times, I add 15 additional seconds. It has always worked for me. Smile..And always snipe your max!

rsmiller40
Last edited {1}
Ted,

Your question isn't all that unique, so your concern is not unique. Regarding bid times, we get 2 comments: 1) "My snipe was placed too late"; 2) "My snipe was placed too early". I wish there was some way to have those two groups reversed, but there isn't.

You mentioned another sniper that came in after you. It's possible he's on his service's forum (if they have one) right now and asking why so many of his snipes haven't been placed because they were too late. I much rather be in your shoes then his.

Sunday's are very difficult for AS. Too early - too late? If you want to research this more, do a "search" on "servers", or "early" or "late". Also, taking a look at "Sniper Sara B." posts can be very informative.

It is very difficult to place a counter-snipe within 3 seconds, or even 10 seconds.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.