Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Wow that is indeed strange. Were they all for the same auction? Can you tell me the auction #? Sounds like we could have a bug stuck on your auction and that is something we'd love to fix if that is the cause.

It could also be your email service/isp, or a couple other things I'm sure. But if you get that info for me and I can at least look into it.
Maxine,

Are you using Outlook Express? If you are, chances are that it's in Outlook. I had the same thing happen to me, the only difference waas that when I emailed someone they averaged gett 200+ copies of the same email and when I would received emails, I'd get about the same amount. Unfortunately I can't remember if it was a glitch that I fixed with the "Scandisk" or if it was a virus that got fixed. Sorry I'm not much help.

Crafty

Six inches Lord, that's all I need!
I appreciate the suggestions, a bit more info:
javascript:void(0)I am not using Outlook Express, I am using Apple's OS X Mail program, which I have used for over 3 years with no problems at all.
javascript:void(0)Yes, these 350 notices were all for the same auction.

javascript:void(0)This is the first auction I have bid on using a second user ID and password I created as a separate seller account with Ebay (and I set this up as a second Sniper Account as well-I first tried to add the new Ebay user ID to my original account on auction sniper, but there was no way I could find to do this. Is this possibly the problem?
javascript:void(0)Sara, can you give me an email address that I might send the auction number to?
Thanks again for your help.
yeah - you could say that it was indeed a surprise. There was this lady that I would get into BIG bidding wars (I didn't know about snipers.) Well, we emailed each other a few times after these wars and mutally agreed that one wouldn't bid on an item when the other was bidding on the same thing. We agreed that whomever won, would email the bead patterns to the other. Everything went fine until one day, I sent her my copy of the pattern book and she received 230+ copies of EACH page!!! It was a 21 page booklet! When she emailed me to ask what was going on, I got the same number.

Maxine - I hope you get things fixed. Good luck!!

Crafty

Six inches Lord, that's all I need!
This was a note on our local server recently.... Virus is the problem 8:49 AM - 9/10/2003

For the last couple of weeks our Email server has been slow. We have discovered that the SoBig virus was to blame. A customer computer was infected and sending 7500 emails a minute. This made our mail server spend all of it's time just dealing with these Emails. We urge everyone to update their virus definitions and do a scan on their computers. If the virus program crashes, this is caused by a virus and you need to run a removal tool. The Email system should be OK now. As a precaution to avoiding email viruses, never open email attachments from unknown sources.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.