Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

paw-paw

AS does a great job. How can you hold them responsible when there is a massive lag at eBay? It's not AS's fault that eBay runs slow at times. Sundays - especailly quarter-hours and half-hours - are heavy times for AS as well as regular bidders.

Check out some of threads about lag times and when it's a good time to place your snipes. How much advance you need for certains days and times.

I win about 98% of my snipes. Those that I lose are due to having a proxy outbid me. RARELY, and I do mean RARELY, will I lose a snipe because it wasn;t in time. I lost an auction last night because it "wasn't in time." I don't blame AS - I FAILED to read the "News & Updates" that told me to increade my time. My loss is MY mistake and I don't AS responsible.

AS does a wonderful job. They are good at what they do and they DEFINITELY know HOW to do it. They are also the most reliable firm that I have come across that will allow me to set my own time. When you read enough and understand the process, you'll get your snipes in on time and win more auctions. And isn't that what it's all about? WINNING!!

Crafty

Six inches Lord, that's all I need!
I think you missed the point -- AS might be pretty good, but they would be better if they polled the response times from e-bay and adjusted the bid times accordingly. Then no one would miss a bid because of a failed to bid on time issue.
If I were a programmer working for AS, I would be saying, great idea -- we will try to implement this!
quote:
they would be better if they polled the response times from e-bay and adjusted the bid times accordingly.
AS already does this. They usually do it very well. AS monitors in real time response times between AS bidding sites and eBay. In fact most of the complaints are because snipes are placed earlier than requested!!

The exception was Sunday evening. If eBay slows down 15 seconds before your bid, and AS determines it takes 30 seconds to get a response from eBay, what can they do about that?

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.