Skip to main content

I have has 3 Snipes where my max bid was sufficiently over the winning bid for placement but where the snipes were not placed. They were:
item 2329803255 Winning bid $15 my max bid $16.70.

item 2329685488 Winning bid "none" my max bid $16.70.

item 2329210077 Winning bid $19.76 my max bid $28.00.

I have opened cases on all 3 but have received no replies. Very disappointing when I just upgraded my account.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

First and 3rd auction ended at $19.35 or about there. Use the "Update item info" button to update the prices in your My Snipes grid.

I think there might be something wrong with Bid Group items though because all 3 were bid groups and they're still marked as "ready" in your folder. Make sure you havent won an item before in that bid group. I checked and it didnt look like you have but just want to be safe.

We'll check it out.
My mistake on the winning price on the second one, but it was still another "not in time".

The third one that was "not in time" and the ending bid was lower than my max bid was:

Item # 2329803255 Closing bid $15, my max bid $16.70.

I had 4 misses total due with "not in time status". 3 had ending bids lower than my max bid.

All four had lead times of 10 seconds.
Thanks for tip on how to update prices. I am new and made errors in my earlier posts. There were 3 missed with bid prices higher than my max bid and 1 that had a higher ending price that my max bid. Four total not 3 as I orginally state.

Also glad to hear bid groups are working again. These items were in a bid group. That that what caused them to be missed.

Thank you for your help.
Sorry. New at this.

I think the problem must have been with bid groups in general because I created a new bid group yesterday in hopes of solving the problem . Another snipe was missed from the new bid group making 5 total.

I was just frustrated because there were no replies to the cases I opened and I was continuing to miss snipes. I know that AS does not want to miss snipes. It is apparent that they care and are spending time and or money to develop this product. It has by far the best interface and features on any sniping product I have seen. Plus they lose money two ways when snipes are missed that could have been winning bids.

I like the site and hope this was an anomaly.
I too had problems with bid group. Good to see that AS fixed it. Bid Group is a very efficient way to buy(win) an item that has many sellers. I showed Auchion Sniper to a co-worker of mine - he loved it! A real pain to have to wait until an auction is near completion to place bid. Auction Sniper makes bidding sucessful and fun.

Marty
And they stand behind their product. They admit their mistakes and foulups when those occur. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their software, and their subscriber relations are remarkably and consistently good. AS is the biggest bargain on the snipeware market, make no mistake about that! Big Grin

Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.