Skip to main content

I've been watching an item for a day now that had no bids on it. Suddenly, two people bid on it and it went up $40 from the opening bid (that wasn't a good thing to see Frown).

I have a feeling this auction is going to be a down to the wire one and I really want this item. I'm prepared to pay for it but I don't want to give the opposition any chance at it. The auction ends on Saturday afternoon so I'm curious if a 2 second lead time would be too short?

What do you folks advise for a lead time?

Thank you,

Welpe

P.S. This is my first post here. Smile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Though it might work, you have a statistically greater chance of your bid not getting through to eBay's server. Stay with the standard eight seconds.

It's the highest bid that will win, not the last. If you are getting down to the final seconds like that, and even if you anticipate other snipes, simply bid your max. When dealing with single-digit lead times, that's all you can do. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Wink
Last edited {1}
I thought it might've been too low, I'll just stick with 8 seconds. Fortunately, I have enough time to ponder how much I'm willing to pay for this item and then just ride it out.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a bidding war, because I forsee that happening. If it does, I'm just walking away. I can find this item again somewhere else.

Thanks for your help, folks. Smile
Last edited {1}
Welpe, It's simple...

Forget everyone else involved.

What price could someone take that item that you would say...See Ya...and feel okay that ya lost it? Bid a buck or two less in your 8 second snipe.

No second chances.

By the way, as a beginner a few months ago, I lost a nice item by setting the delay to 3 seconds. Have never had a problem with 7 or more.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.