Skip to main content

i placed a 2 second lead on a auction and was watching it as it ended when it came down to 30 seconds sniper already sniped it. 2 seconds before it ended someone else placed bid. Whats up with that i select 2 seconds it does 30 seconds what a gyp...... id rather it not of made it time then that crap
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by zeus1111:
it sucked to watch with 30 seconds counting down my snipe alreay went in

Are you suggesting that scottish_isle placed their snipe in retaliation to yours? They didn't place another bid. Your auction ended on the exact quarter hour. It doesn't get any harder for AS to place a snipe - Sunday prime time and quarter hour auction. To compensate, AS placed it early. Much better then placing late. For additional info, you can use the "search" function on "late" or "not in time" or "snipe not placed" posts.

A 2 second lead time? On this auction, it would never have happened. It AS did what you asked, your snipe wouldn't have had enough time, and your post would be about a snipe not being place.

The auction # isn't necessary for Sara. She can bring up the account.
Last edited {1}
Quote by zeus:
quote:

30 seconds what a gyp...... id rather it not of made it time then that crap

Yeah, you're upset about losing the auction, but that statement doesn't make a lick of sense!
Your bid was placed, you were outbid, you didn't win the auction, vs. your bid NOT placed, you didn't win the auction. Since the outcome is the same in either situation, why do you prefer one over the other? At least if your bid is placed, you force the winning bidder to shell out more money than you were willing to for the item!

Another thing, you can't know that the winning bidder placed his snipe in RESPONSE to your winning bid. He may have used a sniping service, too. In which case, you would have lost even if your snipe was placed in the last 3 milliseconds of the auction. The HIGHEST bid wins, not the LAST bid.

Jabbergah                                                    
Billie asked me a question once that I really didn't want to answer in the forum. I explained to her in a private. I always thought it embarassed her somehow. She made too big of a thing of it and then was gone. I felt really bad about it..and still think about it...if I could have handled it better, maybe.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.