Skip to main content

I've done a few snipes both successful and not, they ALWAYS go earlier than I said they should, but this is the first time I've had a snipe go off ALMOST 1 HOUR early! 270212939633 was a Canadian listing, but I didn't think eBay Canada and eBay US were that different as far as time zones go.

The only reason I use this service is to prevent a bidding war, but if this AS service cannot be depended on to get my bid in within 10 seconds of closing, I'm wasting my time.

It is a great convience when it works.

Has anyone else had their Snipe put in this early? Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Todd Anderson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Guys - you need to understand that the time (and countdown) on My Snipes has no bearing on what is happening on AS's servers. No idea why a snipe would fire an hour early unless it was a bug or placed just before maintenance.
Click on the HELP tab and log a support call for both problems and please let us know the outcome...

R2
No idea what R**k said as he's on my ignore list. On past performance I suspect that he had a dig at me and was obsequious to the newbies in the vain hope that he'll get them on-side. Be afraid Mal/Todd, be very afraid. Wink

Your item 270212939633 finished at 07-Mar-08 02:00:00 GMT which makes it evening time in North America and exactly on the hour so you'd expect a bit of a shift in the lead time but not an hour! Blag some free snipes while you're there...

R2
Hi guys,

Something is definitely screwy here. See below URL and the top item in my active listings.

- The "current" price of $541.59, is infact the winning bid.
- My max bid was $582.00 - but still didn't win this.
- This is still showing as "Ready" status, even though the auction ended hours ago.
- I never received any email notifications from this from AuctionSniper like I usually do.

At the time I briefly noticed the time wasn't quite in sync with eBay but didn't pay much more attention.

This really bugs me - as I wanted this item, and should have won it by all rights.

Anyone else with similar issues (I'm in South Australia) ?

Cheers
David

Apologies if I'm duplicating what R**k said but I really am ignoring his posts. Did you get an email from ebay after the Auction telling you what happened? What did it say? Hit the HELP tab and ask support for guidance and let us know the outcome.

Your item ended at 09-Mar-08 21:00:00 AEDST which is, I guess, a busy time - it might be that that caused the problem...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.