Skip to main content

Reply to "Welcome Banners - Vote Now!"

The claim that the poll question was not directed at any one person is laughable. We all know who posts the overwhelming majority of welcome banners, so about whom was the poll concerned, then, if not Mrs. M? Please tell use whom else you meant.

If I stated that we should have a poll question asking whether or not members should waste bandwidth or burden our eyesight by posting a large black apostrophe (or comma, whichever it is) with a yellow background, whom would our members reasonaly conclude I meant, if not you? If you said that we should have a poll asking if members should have forum ID's that end in the number 163, whom would would our members reasonably conclude you meant, if not me? Therefore, your attempt to claim that the poll question was not directed at any particular member is completely implausible, since virtually all of the welcome banners are posted by a single member.

You last post ignored my observations concerning the poll. It is not your place to try and use the poll results to try and pressure a member to change her style of posting. And please do not try to say that you were not atempting this; your earlier post clearly said to "let the poll decide" if these were appropriate. Equally ludicrous is the pretense that an additional purpose is to get bring the discussion out into the open and avoid "secret offline chats." Such altruistic motives--gag! Tell you what, instead of trying to police private conversations that people allegedly have (and can say whatever they wish there--good, bad or indifferent), why don't you knock off this immature nonsense and quit pretending you were not speaking of anyone in particular?

I will be awaiting your identification of the other parties to whom the poll made reference.
Last edited {1}