Skip to main content

Reply to "LMAO alternatives (more descriptive)"

Thanks to Google, I now know what a (they don’t appear to be packaged by the pair or greater) “butt plug” is. Since I had never encountered one before, I was therefore pleased that I was unfamiliar with the term. You’d think that a phrase that gets 351,000 Google hits would be something that would have bumped into me.

Just came across this (new?) Google search:
http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

quote:
And, when I went into shops, they kept asking how I was then looking perturbed when I told them
I have long suspected this was unique to the States. I like the, “I was just diagnosed with terminal cancer” response (once again, George Carlin has a bit on this). Even the, “Do you want the short answer, or the long answer?” reply will cause them to do a deer-staring-at-oncoming-lights; assuming they are actually listening (you can sometimes hear the mental gears grinding).

Another great custom in the States (I assume/hope that it hasn’t spread) is the waiter telling you their name and joining into the conversation (probably originated in California). I can’t begin to describe all the wisdom and insight I’ve gained from 20-year-olds that needed my tip to make a decent living.

I was surprised to learn that U.K. keyboards have a pound sign; I thought U.K. was metric.

It’s moments like the following that make it all worthwhile:
>> I concur - LMAO <<