Skip to main content

Reply to "ebay Sellers fictitiously signing in as buyers?"

quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
In fact this is a great reason to use our site, it leaves them little if any time to shill bid.

Other reasons are bid retractions and stalkers.

All one has to do to retract a bid is claim that a minor placed the bid, or that they transposed the bid amount. If you report it to ebay they seem to just warn the bidder. If no one complains then they can pretty much do it when ever the mood strikes. Have you noticed that bid retractions don't show up on the "By Bidder" search, yet they are still listed in the auction's bid history?

Unfortunately, stalkers do exist on ebay. If you happen to win one to many auctions that they've bid on, they will nibble everything you proxy bid on. I think it becomes a personal thing with them.

Puppy,

Regarding this post:
>>> Click here <<<

The forum was down this morning. I've been noticing that happening more often, and it seems to be around the same time. Maybe infopop is doing some maintenance. It seems to last around 30 minutes. I've also seen it happen during the day.

Glad to see you were able to delete a message. The problem you encountered on the 26th when you deleted the message was very, very strange.

quote:
Originally posted by bmeh:
making them bid higher then the market value of the product.

"Making"? I don't see a gun pointed at their head.
Last edited {1}