Skip to main content

A magic service that has won me many items at bargain prices Smile

I use several eBay ids and have to keep changing my AS account details depending on the id I want to use.

Could we have support for multiple ebay id's on AS?

We could have an AS login not tied to any ebay login, enter the ebay ids into a list and select the eBay id to use from a drop down list when placing the snipe.

Or am I the only one who likes to complicate things and have two AS accounts, one of which changes frequently?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The reason we don't do this is because it adds to much complexity for the average person. Since 99% of people only have 1 eBay userId we'd be adding more fields and features that would only confuse those people and make it harder to add a snipe for the benefit of 1 in 100 people. And I doubt it's even that high. Probably closer to 1 in 200 or 300.

We'll keep it in mind and see about asking about it on our next poll perhaps. I could be wrong but I don't believe that many people have multiple Id's for buying. A good few people have one for buying and one for selling.
Possibly not too many individuals with multiple IDs, though I think you could well be underestimating it. But very likely a lot of families/couples each having to maintain their own balances with AS could benefit as well.

As for complexity for the user, I would say far less complexity than bid groups.

The AS login could be retained as the primary ebay login as now and only have a selection box appear if other ebay IDs/passwords have been added via a "Manage eBay IDs" page. That way there would be no change at all for anyone unless they intentioanly add more ebay IDs.

Great idea though to put it in the next poll.

You might have to watch the results though since those of us with multiple accounts will get multiple votes Smile
quote:
As for complexity for the user, I would say far less complexity than bid groups.
Indeed. Bid groups push the envelope of what the average user here can figure out. Frown
quote:
have a selection box
Well that's what we were thinking if we did this, because most of our customers dont know what a combo box is. They dont even know you can click it to see multiple choices. Which is why we got rid of as many of them as we could a while back and replaced them with just links.
quote:
You might have to watch the results though since those of us with multiple accounts will get multiple votes
Well that just might even the scales up. I suppose those with multiple accounts would get that benefit then.
I find it amusing that frequently there are newbies on here agonizing over whether it is prudent to give AS a SINGLE ebay ID & password due to security concerns. Presumably, as this topic indicates, AS would have a user's multiple ebay IDs & passwords! Perhaps a multiple ebay ID user concerned about AS's security would only give AS half of the total number of ebay IDs they have???
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
for the benefit of 1 in 100 people. And I doubt it's even that high. Probably closer to 1 in 200 or 300.

I must be one of those that ruins the curve on this.. I LOST COUNT on how many profiles I have :P I had to get a couple extra to protect my identity on eBay, and my personal website's name Big Grin
quote:
Since 99% of people only have 1 eBay userId we'd be adding more fields and features that would only confuse those people and make it harder to add a snipe for the benefit of 1 in 100 people. And I doubt it's even that high. Probably closer to 1 in 200 or 300.

I am in the 1% as well. I have 4 ebay ID's and as many active AS accounts. Trying to keep up with them all is a major pain in the arse.
quote:
Can someone “refer” one of their aliases to AS and get free snipes?

I didn't even think of the possibility at the time I set up my second AS account. Can I apply for the free referal snipes retrospectively Smile

One other wish (not under AS contol) is that sellers would give more detail about who bought the item(s) in the package. Make it much easier for us with multiple personalities to track stuff when it arrives Smile

Has anybody else out there with multiple ebay IDs ever outbid themselves? Or am I the only one Frown
quote:
Has anybody else out there with multiple ebay IDs ever outbid themselves? Or am I the only one
Pisser. Did you win against yourself, or did yourself start nibbling you?

M said:
quote:
The question was, however, is it possible, not is it immoral!
As the author of said question, that's correct. But, leave it to someone inside the U.S. to make the distinction.
M said:
quote:
I do defend my Country
That gives me an idea. How about your Country gives you seniors M-16’s and send yous to “the front”. It seems a pity to have so many young die before their time. After all, historically, the old send the young to die. Why not get the old more “involved”. It would cut down on health insurance benefits.
quote:
Originally posted by Rick:
Pisser. Did you win against yourself, or did yourself start nibbling you?

I didn't beat my original max bid but didn't win the auction anyway. Don't know what the seller made of it, the ebay registered email addresses are almost identical!

Are you allowed to nibble yourself?

Life gets quite confusing with two browsers (IE and Netscrape) to have 2 simultaneous logins on ebay. Once I evan paid what something was worth by mistake Frown
quote:
Has anybody else out there with multiple ebay IDs ever outbid themselves? Or am I the only one Frown

I have not outbid myself, but I have been suspended for listing something my dad wanted to buy from me Mad As a "jr" I am cursed to live in his shadow.. I am even listed as an ALIAS on his credit report!!! Mad It must have been his good credit rating that let me get a car loan Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
Well, DONALDJR , I notice you use the JR. here of your own free will, so you must be a little proud of it, huh? Wink

"Donaldjr" is less likely to be taken than "Donald".. so I just usually try it first as a name. I am not sure if I am proud of it or not.. but I can tell you if I ever have a son, his name will not be "Donald" III, JRjr, JR the second, or even just Donald Cool Do you know how hard it is to fill out any forms?? They NEVER have any space provided for the Jr, (or Sr, III, or even VII if you are one of those Forman's Smile )
WARNING: This post has nothing to do with sniping issues, so those forum members that are mainly interested in sniping issues should skip reading this post.

quote:
I guess I shall remember to ONLY answer the question and not comment on anything else.

quote:
Sorry - I seem to have slipped off the curb again
That’s funny. I didn’t appreciate the humor at first until I reread some of the previous posts.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.