Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Now that I voted, I will also reply. I have stated many times that the numbers or titles mean nada! But, I do not think it is anyone's business but mine how many times I snipe or how many times I win and I do not think I would come in here to let it be public knowledge. What is the purpose other than someone else knowing your personal business??

quote:
Originally posted by Teracus:
Would you like to have a Sniper rating based on number of sniper successes?

The forum is maintained by a different company named infopop. AS has no control over the forum's data base, other then Sara can delete or edit objectionable posts. AS can't control the figure, even if they wanted to.

To prove how little control AS has over infopop, back in May infopop switched this forum's data base to another server. It goofed up all kinds of things. One was that Sara lost her post count and registration date. She had a pot full of posts, and not even she, as the monitor, could do anything about it.

Also, if you were to contact AS support and mention something about this forum, they would tell you they know nothing about it, and that it's only here for the forum members.

This is the link for infopop:
http://www.infopop.com/products/ubbx/poweredby_ubbx.html

This is the link for their forum:
http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=cfrm

Hope this helps.
Last edited {1}
If you'd like you could enter the # of your snipes and wins, wins % in your signature. Your signature is a small amount of text that is automatically added to every post you make. Then you could just update it every month or so manually.

So to do that click the "My Pop" link near the top of the page and add it to your signature.

For the people that want to do it maybe you could come up with some relevant things you'd want to include and a standard format could be made so that everyones looks the same.
Last edited {1}
I don't think the number of successful snipes means anything in isolation. It all depends on how often you snipe, how many items you are interested in and how high you are willing to snipe. The idea of a snipe is to win the item but not at any price. While I win most of my snipes, I have been outbid on proxy and would still consider these bids successful snipes as I did not overpayCool

Someone with a low snipe count might have a much better understanding on sniping effectively than someone with a big wallet Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.