Skip to main content

I'm curious about the delay in showing the current highest bid for an item between My Snipes record (using manual browser refresh) and the eBay sale page (which often seems to auto refresh). This can be a matter of minutes and is a bit unnerving.

How can I be sure that AuctionSniper is keeping a close track of the current latest bid?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
How can I be sure that AuctionSniper is keeping a close track of the current latest bid?
They don't very well. That's why it's a *must* to enter your maximum max. Browser refresh does NOT update latest bid prices, it only updates the time till auction end. You must hit the 'Update Prices' button... and it's only avaliable every 5 minutes.

If you want to watch the end of auction you must do it at ebay. Also check out the following links.

>Click< This link occationally comes up 'Page Not Avaliable' for me, so here is another.

http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/auctionitemrefresher.html

You will have to copy and paste this one. Posting as a link adds an underscore and becomes ...java_script....
Hi Janie

Posting a picture.
  • Locate a picture on the web (gif or jpg only)
  • Right click picture
  • Click properties
  • Triple click web address (URL) to highlight
  • CTRL + C to copy
  • Click cancel to close window
  • In reply window click on the tab.
  • Position cursor in form and press CTRL + V to paste
  • Click OK
That's it for posting a picture in a reply. Smile

Using the tab puts IMG tags at the beginning and end of the picture URL. In your reply it would look something like this.
[IMG]http://pictureURL.gif[/IMG]
Note that the start and end IMG tags are NOT the same.
Seems complicated, but once you do it a few times it gets allot easier. Note that not ALL gif or jpg files work, but most do.

If you would like to add a message (which can include a picture) to the end of each post:
  • Copy picture URL as above
  • Click the tab
  • Select My Space --> Profile
  • Click Edit Profile
  • Scroll to bottom of inner window and enter your message or picture into the 'Signature' area.
  • Click Submit
You will notice that the helpful picture tab is absent, so you will have to add the IMG tags manually or enter into a reply and copy and paste them to the Signature box. No spaces allowed between tags. (One last thing to check, almost done)
  • Click the tab
  • Select My Space --> Preferences
  • Check the box for 'Use Signature on Posts Automatically.
  • Click Submit
Last edited by puppyraiser

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.