Skip to main content

many people have already complained about failed snipes with status "Unknown". I also have had such. It is annyoing but thats life. However, if it comes to bidgroups, things get worse!

I had a bidgroup which should bid on 3 of 11 items. AS sniped perfectly, but didnt realize that it did. I won various auctions and AS didnt know, so it kept bidding. Here is an example: ebay user id itsckl, item 1747072481. AS Status is "Out Sniped". Ebay response as shown in "Confirmation" is "Congratulations...
You are the current high bidder ? Current bid price: ? EUR 6.49 ? Your maximum bid: ? EUR 8.71". I would assume this is because this was a "private auction".

Bottom line: AS keeps bidding on bidgroups it should not and you end up with items you dont want and have to pay for them!

no good Mad

/ckl
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That was a one time bug. I am not aware of any other case like that. I believe both of these cases involved either adult or private auctions which are more complicated to handle because eBay doesn't show who won or other things without that user logging in, thus we need to do a lot more processing. I dont know of any problems with normal bid group items winning more than 1.
quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
I dont know. I forwarded it to the programmers. I would hope they would have investigated and fixed it or look into it.

I'll ask them on Monday, they are M-F/9-5 types.

Thank you

So what? Thursday is over, Monday is over and 9-5 has also passed. Can I safely use bidgroups now?

/ckl
If my auction complaint about 2 wins in a bid group with a maximum of 1 win is one that you are refering to it was not a private or adult auction.auction # 1741116365 and #1741116003.
I still have not heard a reply other than it being sent to programmers

quote:
Originally posted by Sniper Sara B.:
That was a one time bug. I am not aware of any other case like that. I believe both of these cases involved either adult or private auctions which are more complicated to handle because eBay doesn't show who won or other things without that user logging in, thus we need to do a lot more processing. I dont know of any problems with normal bid group items winning more than 1.

Confused

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.