Skip to main content

hi there,

i'm not new to auctionsniper (i'm using it regularly) but i'm new to this community and therefore firstly i want to say hi to all of you. Smile
today it has happened that auctionssniper has placed my bid about more than half an hour early even my leading time was 5 seconds what usually works perfectly for me. sure, every now and than it might happen that snipes will be placed 20 or 30 seconds or so early, but more than 30 minutes? therefore i'm wondering what might have happened... does maybe anyone of you know and would give me some advice on that? this would be great, thank you!

ebay-name is *moonie* and item # is 4150795034. it's not such a big deal that this has happened since i'm totally aware that the highest bid may win the auction and not the latest one and this item was not that important to me than some others would be, but anyway i'm wondering why my bid was placed that early.

thanks a lot guys! Smile
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The following table has been reorganized and sorted into date order.  First
bid placed is line #1.  That should make it easier to follow the auction.
Two additional columns have been calculated and added.  They are the current 
bid and high bidder, as displayed on eBay after each bid is placed.        v2.1.08
* = Winning bid. 

Max                       Current Winning
  #    Bidder        Bid      Day & Time        Bid  &  Bidder
                   (US $)
  1   amelia0218    15.00   11-May  08:33:20   10.00   amelia0218   
  2   theorangeora  10.50   13-May  17:48:58   11.00   amelia0218   
  3   theorangeora  11.50   13-May  17:49:44   12.00   amelia0218   
  4   theorangeora  15.00   13-May  17:50:25   15.00   amelia0218   
  5   theorangeora  20.00   13-May  17:50:51   15.50   theorangeora 
  6   *moonie*      27.89   14-May  01:02:53   20.50   *moonie*     
  7   as_wood      *27.98   14-May  01:41:51   27.98   as_wood      
        End                 14-May  01:41:54             

Hmmm... the winning bid was placed 3 seconds before auction end.
Maybe eBay finished early?
Anyway, AS does maintenance between 1 and 3 whether eBay is down or not. Snipes between these times are sent at 1 am just before AS takes their servers down.
@all:
thank you for your warm welcome and for your advice regarding my auction. problem solved and surely next time bidding on a friday morning i will take into consideration that this might be ebay maintenance time. Smile

@lexi:
i'm truely and deeply a sydney in australia lover! but besides that i'm a wholeaustralialover aswell. originally i'm german but used to live and study in sydney for quite a while (nearly 2 years) but then had to go back home to germany and that's where i am now. Roll Eyes somehow it's allright tough but a lot of the time i wish i'd still be there...
am i right if i assume you're an aussie? Smile

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.