Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You picked an auction ending on the busiest time. 1.)Sunday 2.)In the evening and 3.)ending on exact quarter hour. For future auctions, I suggest you increase your lead-time for auctions like this. AS automatically attempts to increase lead times, but sometimes it’s just not enough.

If you read through the forums on this topic, you will find it discussed allot. You will have to make up your own mind about how much to increase lead times. It’s been suggested to increase anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds.

It's only a consilation prize, but try >> Clicking Here <<

Good Luck, and Welcome to the forum.

[This message was edited by puppy_raiser on December 03, 2003 at 05:00 AM.]
Last edited {1}
Basically eBay was too busy to accept your snipe because so many sellers schedule items to end exactly at 7pm on a Sunday they get overloaded.

So although we sent your snipe, and compensated by sending it early to make sure it have a much higher chance of success it still didnt make it.
Frown

7pm & 7:30pm are probably the worst times, and Sunday the worst day. I could only suggest something such as a 30 second lead time. I'm sure we sent your snipe at least 10 seconds earlier but even that 10-15 second lead time wasnt enough.
Sara,

Just a couple questions: real easy one first.

1) You said Sunday 7 & 7:30 pm are the worst (busiest) times. Is that time PST?

2) It seems like when someone comes on the forum complaining about a too early bid, the story invariably begins with, "I had my lead time set to 5 secs....". Is there something significant about setting the lead time to 5 seconds that AS attempts to auto-adjust the lead more often? Personally I use a 6-9 sec. lead and don't ever recall seeing the early bids like these guys have experienced.

3) What would happen if one would set the lead time to 1 second? Would AS be forced to auto-adjust ALL leads at all times, or would it only do it during delayed ebay response times?

Thanks!

Jabbergah Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.