Skip to main content

After using "secure" login to Auction Sniper my firewall (ZoneAlarm) alerts that my password is being passed as clear text. For every action taken within Auction Sniper the "clear text password" alerts are given.

Also, when coming to the Forum to ask this question the Forum Login was not a secure login and, apparently, my password was passed in clear text.

Are logins to Auction Sniper secure or not?

Nobby
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think this only happens with Zonealarm when using IE V6. You're absolutely right - secure login only refers to the login itself. This takes you back to insecure access.
I am really concerned that this is a MAJOR security risk. It also makes Auctionsniper unusable (and I'd rather lose AS than my firewall).
No-one at AS seems to be taking this at all seriously, yet there have been a number of postings complaining about this issue. I am an IS person and sending an unencrypted password multiple times per page (I counted 20+) is really sloppy programming. Obviously the web page just repeatedly calls some bozo Java script routine.
quote:
Originally posted by grumpycrab:
I have the problem with IE5.5. Am waiting for a reply from AS support
--
Grumps

The strange reply from AS was :-

"Hi Ian,

Auctionsniper is not compatible with any shareware like zone alarm.

Tio disable it, please contact Zone Alarm support .

-Vince S. "

So I've got to decide between AS or Zone Alarm?
I'll fire off the same question to Zone Alarm...
--
Grumps
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.M:
I use zonealarm and it does not do that when I come in!! Confused

Have you added your ebay password to Zone Alarm?
--
Grumps
PS. I'll stop posting in this thread as "Major problem with AS and ZoneAlarm" looks like the same thread!

[This message was edited by grumpycrab on March 26, 2004 at 09:58 AM.]
Last edited {1}
Link copied to your clipboard.