Skip to main content

For some reason in the past few days my Snipe it now link stopped working, I have now deleted the original link and for some reason cant establish a new link by using the drag and drop method recommended.
I am running Windows XP home edition with SP 2 installed and the popup blocker has been disabled.
Any idea's.
Jon.
Jon.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Try adding a fake button. Right click on it and then select properties.
Cut and paste the following into the URL space.

javascript:void(win=window.open('http://www.auctionsniper.com/snipeit/snipeit.aspx
?from=.page'+location.href, 'SnipeItNow', 'width=500,height=300,resizable=yes,
scrollbars=no,menubar=no,status=no'))  

You will need to remove the 2 carriage returns I added in to keep the post from being so fat or cut and paste one line at a time.

I'm using Windows XP and Internet Explorer with SP2 installed.
quote:
Originally posted by redmordred:
Still cant fix this problem,have checked toolbar locks, seems ok, have recently added other links with no problem.
Snipe it now was working fine for about 12 months then just failed to respond, I can still add snipes by the cut and paste method, its just not as convenient.

What are your tools-> internet options -> security tab -> custom level - Java permissions
set at?
'If'???? Do the chanting thing and it'll work! Or read this:

1. The shortcut doesn't work!, or I cannot drag the shortcut to my links bar!
Following are some tips on how to get the shortcut working (and this is relevant to ALL bookmarklets you wish to work with, not just on our website)

Make sure your "Popup Blocker" isn't doing it
Some of our users have encountered problems using the "SNIP THIS!" shortcut because they use a pop-up stopper utility like the one from PANICWARE or EMS. If you have one installed too, then the shortcut most likely 'works' but it is merely being suppressed by your pop-up stopper tool. Please add the domains "snipurl.com" and "snurl.com" to the "Allowed domains" or the "Whitelisted domains" in your tool if it supports such configuration and you should be alright.

Make sure it is the "Links" bar
Make sure you are working with the LINKS bar in IE, not the Google bar, or the side of the location bar, or any other customized bar on your bar. You can do this by confirming that VIEW --> TOOLBARS --> LINKS is checked.

Is your "Links" bar locked?
If using IE, please also make sure your Toolbar is not "locked". You can right-click on the toolbars region and make sure that in the menu that pops up, the "Lock the Toolbars" option is unchecked.

[From an URL snipping product!]

R2

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.