Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hey,

the evil thing is that they could simply block AS' IP-Adresses and thus make you lose your auctions. I assume they'll start doing that on 1st July, when the new AGB rules for all.

quote:
Originally posted by tearex:
Hi... the three German language eBays have put out new "user agreements" that FORBID any and all sniping methods except clicking at the right moment yourself.

Did you know that?

What can we do???

Thanks,

--
Linards Ticmanis
I wonder if this EU rule will apply to all the auction houses in Europe! It means no-one can leave a bid with the Auctioneer, (only a medieaval form of snipe, after all) but must actually be there to bid!! EU rules apply equally across all member states, so this will stop every one in 13 countries from using the Snipe! Who said Communism was dead and buried?
It's not an EU Rule, it's an eBay Germany/Switzerland/Austria rule. The government(s) did not make this rule, eBay did. Therefore your anti-EU political spin is pretty pointless, bclockey.

Nevertheless I think it's a bad and monopolistic idea of eBay all the same. I guess they will use their smaller European franchises as "proving grounds" and if revenue doesn't drop they will forbid sniping on all sites. But maybe not - the non-US eBays have always been more restrictive than the US version, for example not allowing reserve price auctions.

Now I wish I hadn't moved my membership from eBay US to eBay Germany - I joined before eBay Germany even existed and moved over to make paying them easier, not having a credit card at that time.

I don't think I can now go back to eBay US as long as my residence is in a country that has its own eBay site.

Be ashamed of yourself, eBay!

Linards Ticmanis

--
Linards Ticmanis

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.