Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

item 2654956234...I had a snipe for way more than the item sold for (I think it sold for 1.25 and I had a snipe of $4 on it). I had my snipe set for ten seconds (I have tried six seconds, but that seems to be too close to the auction closing time to register as a proper bid). When I checked the 'reason' on my Snipes I Lost page, there was just some "Did not win" statement which doesn't explain anything. Needless to say, I'm getting quite annoyed with AuctionSniper. I needed that item to complete a piece of merchandise to sell, and now I have to wait and hope it appears again somewhere....
The item sold for $1.54 before shipping. In any case, I can't see any reason why a snipe with a 10-second lead time wouldn't have been placed on a Thursday afternoon. The winner, lucygirl49, put her bid in about 7 minutes before auction close and there's no evidence that the seller closed the auction early for some reason. I think you should file a support claim with AS by going to http://support.auctionsniper.com/. Give them the item number and see what they say. At least you might get a free snipe or two out of it.
The problem with bid group snipes has been fixed. eBay changed the text on their page that we use to make sure you havent already won an item. This is what is used to keep you from winning more than one of the same item in a bid group. When in doubt we dont snipe becasuse we dont want you winning every item in your bidgroup.

It was fixed around 2:30pm on Thursday.
Thanks for the link, Steve! I just filed a support claim on this.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
The item sold for $1.54 before shipping. In any case, I can't see any reason why a snipe with a 10-second lead time wouldn't have been placed on a Thursday afternoon. The winner, lucygirl49, put her bid in about 7 minutes before auction close and there's no evidence that the seller closed the auction early for some reason. I think you should file a support claim with AS by going to http://support.auctionsniper.com/. Give them the item number and see what they say. At least you might get a free snipe or two out of it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.