Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Steve:
Basrah has a point. Here's an idea: we can use the "eBay, General" category of the Forum for chatter and keep the others strictly business. Those who don't like chit-chat can just stay out of that category. How does that sound?

YOU READ MY MIND!!!! IT HAS BEEN VERY DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW THIS FORUM, AND I'M ONE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE CHAT ROOM!!!! GLAD YOU POSTED THIS STEVE - YOU'RE THE MAN!!!!

AND I SURE HOPE BASRAH COMES BACK!!!!
I think there is a fine line between a chat room and a forum.
In a forum there are a number of individuals that join a conversation and discuss an issue.
In a chat room there are a number of individuals that join a conversation and discuss an issue.

Hmmm, I think its very hard to keep a forum that is visited by a number of the same people from becoming a chat room.
I agree with rsmiller40, all inquiries have been answered quickly and all participants have been invited to join in any discussion that follows.

To acknowledge a person when they are recognized is simply having a little fun and making the whole experience more enjoyable.
I have only been wiwth AS for about 1 month, and I have found the forum experience not only helpful, but enjoyable as well. I don't see anything wrong with that.

-bjt
Seriously, one of the reasons that these forums become so friendly is because they are unstructured.
If the forum had a moderator, perhaps the conversation would stay on track.
The problem I see is that the subject changes rapidly and after a few posts,the topic has not only been answered, but the room is onto a totally new subject.

Perhaps it IS time that AS opens a chat room for its regulars. It would be helpful to new members to call it a Chat Room however, rather than hiding it in another forum.

-bjt

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.