Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hi NUTFINN,

We are still in the process of responding to the massive volume of support requests that were filed during our recent outages, and it may take a few more days for us to respond to them all. If you filed a support request and haven't heard back from us, it doesn't mean we're ignoring you; we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

-Mike
Rick: R = D = PR = S = TH = H
Now behave!

My Support call was a request to exchange the Battlebids banner (a complete waste of time for snipers who bid at the last second) with a banner letting people know about recent problems and explaining what was being done to resolve them. I just got a cut-n-paste response about the recent problems.

Since then I pointed out their shortcomings and their reply still failed to answer my question.

No wonder people are leaving for Auctionthief et al.

R2
quote:
Originally posted by region2:
My Support call was a request to exchange the Battlebids banner
With the difficulty they were having earlier in the week, it’s most like they were swamped with support requests about snipes not getting placed and not being familiar with what “Battlebids” was, sent a response that was the closest they could come up with.
quote:
Since then I pointed out their shortcomings and their reply still failed to answer my question.
With the difficulty they were having earlier in the week, it’s most like they were swamped with support requests about snipes not getting placed and not being familiar with what “Battlebids” was, haven’t had time to respond a second time.

“Battlebids”? On the support request form, in the section titled “Can you catalog your problem/question as any of the following”, did you select “pet hates”?

quote:
No wonder people are leaving for Auctionthief et al.
Because of “Battlebids”?

Things are definitely back to normal.
One of the main complaints by the whingers was the lack of info. on the AS website. On the AS website is a cr@p product that allows you to pretend that your continual bidding on an item is rather like a car race, each bid putting your car in the lead until you're outbid. Obviously this is a waste of time as the advert shows up on a sniping website where the 'action' takes place in the last few seconds. So, R/D/PR/S/TH/Hick I don't think I was being pedantic asking for the irrelevant advert to be replaced by an informative banner.

And you can defend the front-line support at AS as much as you like - I've managed a support team and these guys would not be on my pay-rise list!

R2
quote:
Obviously this is a waste of time as the advert shows up on a sniping website where the 'action' takes place in the last few seconds.
Apparently AS doesn’t agree. And, considering the importance of the types of support requests they have been fielding recently, perhaps you could have picked a little less hectic time for this?

quote:
I've managed a support team
“Managed”? Past tense? Also, were you a first level manager (like a sergeant) or the owner (like a general)? And, how big/small is a “team”?
quote:
Yeah - a stupid time to suggest AS posts info. about why their system failing vs a pointless game. Go figure that one...
Perhaps with you experience in “management”, you may have forgotten that the little “Battlebids” ad appears on the “My Snipes” page, which was down so no one would have seen “info. about why their system failing”, as they didn’t see info about “a pointless game”.

As a entry-level manager, you must realize that in a situation such as the one AS recently experienced, it’s best to address the more pressing issues. I’m sure Sam regrets giving “Battlebids” the priority it was due.
I have been trying couple of other snipe sites past few days, we'll see what happens.

The thing is, if ones pays for the service, one wants service and lately one has not been getting any service!!

I got this FREE SNIPES e-mail today, I wonder if those snipes will work? Well I really can not trust them so I will have to use an other site, don't really want to be bidding against myself.
I’m beginning to think that region2’s lack of response to my questions regarding his qualifications to provide advice to AS on how they should, or shouldn’t respond to him, is an indication that he’s perhaps embarrassed about those qualifications, or lack of.

Hopefully, region2, you’re still not showing as your only entrepreneurial exposure the time you had to file bankruptcy in Junior Achievement to avoid criminal prosecution?

y ÷ R2 = “Error – cannot divide by zero”
Link copied to your clipboard.