Skip to main content

HI Everyone.

Had some excellent results using AuctionSniper but am also a seller and have got some new listings. I updated my account so that A/Sniper could add a link banner but as yet nothings happened? any idea's how long this takes or have i done something wrong? Confused Be grateful for any help. Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks for replying so quickly - with Ebay you ask a question you could wait 3 days before a reply :-) Have sucessfully pasted the banner to my 'about me' page. Strange isn't it that Ebay wont allow a link to AuctionSniper - surely it would be 'mutually' beneficial? Only been using Sniper for a week and boy! does it make life so much easier - no more matchsticks holding the eye's open at O'Dark early O'Clock waiting to bid :-)
quote:
Originally posted by amherst:
Strange isn't it that Ebay wont allow a link to AuctionSniper - surely it would be 'mutually' beneficial?
Oh, I don’t know. You let one in, you have to let them all in. And, some people see ebay as a deep-pocket source of litigation, so it must get dicey for them (they may even have to hire lawyers to advise them on which toilet paper to bid on). On the mutually-beneficial side of things, ebay probably like to see those wild and woolly bidding wars, while snipers tend to shy away from them wars.
quote:
Originally posted by Serenity:
Although I hear a lot about changes to be made, it seems most really stays the same.
Not true!
  • New FAQs
  • New Auction Sniper Tips
  • Top 10 Questions
  • Drop from InstaMail option
  • R2 got some free snipes
  • Test button to verify ebay ID/password
  • Shipping insurance
  • Clear up the question on Germany’s sniping ban
  • Warning message when down for maintenance
  • On going updates when eBay changes something
  • Post counts no longer zero
  • Bill
  • Donovan
  • BM closing
  • “Add Multiple Snipes At Once”

... off the top of my head.
Good point! I had forgotten about some of the members’ changes:
  • Reduction/elimination of cookie-stomping
  • Some reduction in virus protection removal
  • Improved chants to fix strange software anomalies
  • Rick is a pedant
  • Advise/advice
  • Reduction/elimination of welcome gif’s
  • “I, Robot” promotion (see X-rated picture)
  • Chatter posting pictures
  • Adhesive bras
I would have thought you’d select the silver model over the black. But, what with Artoo-Detoo and “I, Robot”, silver might be getting tiresome. It shows you’re an Equal Opportunity person – at least where electronics are concerned.

Watched a 60 Minutes interview with George Lucas. He says this 3rd prequel is his last! Regardless - no more! He’s going to spend some time doing smaller productions – things that few will go see. He said that he’s made enough money that he can afford to fail – excellent outlook on wealth.
Stop the earring stuff now - anyone in the UK over the age of 30 will be upset by such talk. Daleks were the sworn enemy of Doctor Who and many a child of the 60s watched the series avidly from behind the sofa. Nowadays the special effects look particularly dated and it's a well known fact that Daleks were completely unable to climb stairs so could be defeated by hiding on the first floor or in the basement. As for the suction cup, well, it may look like a suction cup (and probably was a bathroom plunger in real life) but it could do a lot of damage by, um, by gripping its victims in a vice-like grip. or something like that! Wink
They had a very limited grasp of English - I seem to remember that their one line in the series was "exterminate, exterminate!" which, once learnt, they repeated from time to time before zapping things with the non-suction cup arm. Inside was a green (I assume, it was in black and white!) goo-like creature that controlled things with green gooey arms!
Doctor Who went on for years so the Doctor Was played by a number of different actors but rather than confuse those viewers hiding behind the sofa, they were morphed from old actor to new actor in a very believable way. They (the Doctor and his chums) also travelled through time in a Police Telephone Box which was a lot bigger inside than it looked on the outside. Sound effects were done on an old cassette recorder playing backwards!

The spell was broken for me when they went back in time and landed in a field full of cows who had modern ear-tags (the UK equivalent of brands for any cowboys who might be reading this!).
You can read the very exciting history <<< [_here_] >>>!

R2
Posted by: malcr
Actually the Daleks can climb stairs. In a series with Sylvestor McCoy as the doctor and Ace as his "assistant" the Daleks went up the stairs with some kind of anti gravity beam below them. They just glided up. So even your bedroom and basement are no longer safe ;-)

Originally posted by starfighter
darleks can go up stairs and they were seen doing so. some who fan out there will know the episode.

The obvious one that springs to mind was 'Rememberance of the Daleks'. The McCoy episode where the Daleks are materialising in the basement of the school. They appear to have some kind of anti-gravity ability to hover up the stairs.

One needs stairs to get to the first floor?
"One needs stairs to get to the first floor?" - not only do you spell colour and honour wrong in the USA but you make your buildings appear one floor taller by calling the GROUND FLOOR the FIRST FLOOR. Wink

I guess someone had spotted the obvious limitation with the Daleks and dreamt up this anti-gravity stair climbing device for Sylvestor McCoy's version of the Daleks but I'd given up watching by then (ear tags on 18th Century cows, remember!).

R2

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.