Skip to main content

I'm a newbie here.
My question is... will AS place my max bid, even if it's way above the current bid? Or will they place just the next increment for me, as long as it's WITHIN my max bid?

For instance, my max bid on an item is $25.00. At the time my bid is placed, the item is at $15.00.
Will AS bid $16.00 for me? Or will it automatically bid my max $25.00?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

doornbos,

In case you'd rather skip all the reading in the link I left, here's the help text (from "My Snipes" page) for "Bid Enhancement":

Bid Enhancement is an optional tool that can help protect you from losing an auction by just a few dollars. If your initial maximum bid is immediately outbid, Bid Enhancement will place a second bid using your Max Bid + the number of bid increments you specify for Bid Enhancement (if that number is still competitive).

To use, just set your max bid and specify how many additional bid increments above your max bid you would like Auction Sniper to protect. Bid Enhancement does not monitor to see if you are outbid after your initial bid is placed.

Important note: Bid Enhancement is optional and free to use but you may end up paying more for the snipe depending on how many additional bid increments you win by.
Sorry AK - unfortunately, R|ck always feels the need to reply to every post, even if the query has already been fully answered. In this case he felt it necessary to tell you all about a new product called Bid Enhancement despite your question being about how AS places snipes.

Feel free to report him by clicking on the little yellow triangles - I have!

R2
quote:
Originally posted by region2:
R|ck always feels the need to reply to every post
I can't disappoint region2.

quote:
Originally posted by region2:
Feel free to report him by clicking on the little yellow triangles - I have!
Little-yellow-triangle clicking is much to lenient. I say we flay R|ck alive . . . or put him through reading more of region2’s posts. Flaying would probably be more humane.
Okay, I get it. So AS will bid my max. It just places one bid right at the end.
But I have another question.

Let's say my max bid entered on AS is $500 for an item. The item is at only $350 at the moment my bid is placed, and I win the auction by a rather large margin.

Will I actually PAY $500 for the item just because that was my max bid? Or, will ebay charge me for just the next increment (ie. $355 or something) even though my max bid was a lot higher?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.